Babyshower.

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
erika.quinones

Babyshower.

Unread postby erika.quinones » August 12th, 2013, 2:28 pm

So, I am currently coordinating a baby shower for a great young lady. The only problem is she knows what theme she wants but that's about it. She doesn't know who she should invite and has no idea as to what food she should be serving. I suggested that she should provide me with contact information of her and her husbands close family and friends and no one can go wrong with chicken. Are there any other suggestion that anyone can provide?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Erika
misty101

Re: Babyshower.

Unread postby misty101 » August 12th, 2013, 3:28 pm

What is the theme? A lot of themes have lots of good food ideas that go with them. What time of day is the baby shower at?
eventme

Re: Babyshower.

Unread postby eventme » August 21st, 2013, 11:32 am

Baby Showers are fun!:) So first you need to look at this as a fun experience and dont overwhelm yourself too much. The positives about it is that your client seems to not be to picky about what she wpuld like her baby shower to which works in your favor because it allows you to pretty much delegate everything and do it the way you want it to be done. The first step you should do now is have your client create her guest list. This will be extremely helpful because it allows you to know the amount of people she will have to feed, and also to make sure that there will be enough space available to seat all guests. Next, have your client simply call, text, or email all of her guests asking them what they like to eat..nothing to elaborate, just enough to get the idea of what kind of food will be served. Make sure to include the question "Do you have any food allergies?" we all know why this is important! From personal experience, "finger-foods" are pretty common at baby showers...sandwhiches,meatballs,chicken,fruit..etc.
After this is figured out then you can go on to the entertainment of the "party" , this is an important part of the shower for me because you have to make sure you have enough games to keep all the guest engaged and of make sure that its fun! :)
Along with games, comes prizes so make sure that the budget is set out to have enough prizes for all the guest who will be attending.
There are many things to share about baby showers, i hope my info was a good enough help but if you are in need of more help dont hesitate to ask!

Return to “Event Planning”