a2 help

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
natasha84

a2 help

Unread post by natasha84 »

hi I need help on a2 on calculating the sq feet the dance area says 2-4sq ft is it 2 or 4 I need to calculate feeling a little confused help me please
AliaRenee

Re: a2 help

Unread post by AliaRenee »

i too am trouble answering this question it seems like there is missing info
MarthaMcAlister

Unread post by MarthaMcAlister »

I am glad I am not the only one stumped on this. I am having a hard time getting past this part as well.
MarthaMcAlister

Unread post by MarthaMcAlister »

I just looked up fire codes. The fire codes says 7 square feet per person and 10 square feet per person if it is a dance floor. So I would assume the fire code law would be the correct answer. My only concern is what if different states or country's have a different code?
llove

Unread post by llove »

I used the 2-4 feet as a range and answered it as a minimum of 300(2ft per 150 guests) to 600sf. So, to answer the question if a 3000sf room accommodate both
the ceremoney, dinner and dance I said yes based on 2sf per person for dance space.

I felt like the first part of the question was missing information, so I answered the entire question based on a low/high range based on 150 people with given sf. My range for the total sf was 3000-3300.

Edited to make it clear what I was *trying* to say.