help with a party theme

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
janice

help with a party theme

Unread postby janice » January 5th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Hi, my name is Janice and I have been hired to plan a surprise 50th birthday party, with an 80s theme.. The husband who hired me would also like me to incorporate their 30th wedding anniversary at the party...any thoughts...
thank you
Criss

Re: help with a party theme

Unread postby Criss » January 15th, 2014, 10:44 am

Hi Janice! How far are you in your planning? I would suggest to focus on the 80's theme and embellish around the 30th anniversary and 50th birthday party. Hope that made sense. : )

Good Luck!
[color=#400080]My favorite quotes:

[i][b]"In the business of helping others--you have to give the performance of a lifetime, Everyday."
[/b][/i]
[i][b] “Let the beauty of what you love-- show in everything you do.”[/b][/i][/color]
janice

Unread postby janice » January 15th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Thank you Criss, I have the 80s part of the planning complete, , I am going to do alternate the table linens in bright colors, they had a rainbow wedding so i will use the colors they had in the wedding...I am just stressed on how to incorporate the anniversary into the party. The party is in April..
Criss

Unread postby Criss » January 16th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Hi Again,

How about a memorabilia arrangement or section. Make some inquiries to the husband about special moments up to present day. What do you think?

I'll share if I can think of anything else.

I'm new to this, but I am a crafter, and love exploring concepts.

Chat witcha later! :)
[color=#400080]My favorite quotes:

[i][b]"In the business of helping others--you have to give the performance of a lifetime, Everyday."
[/b][/i]
[i][b] “Let the beauty of what you love-- show in everything you do.”[/b][/i][/color]
dimples
Event Planner

Unread postby dimples » February 3rd, 2014, 12:40 pm

Hi,
How about some wedding photos on each table and flowers that they used in the wedding!
hope this help!

Shirley
MarthaMcAlister

Unread postby MarthaMcAlister » February 18th, 2014, 9:52 pm

This sounds like a very fun event. I would go with using the flowers that were at the wedding and I liked the idea of photos from the wedding. Using the colors of the wedding is another way. I would defiantly get more info of stuff like first kiss and where was the proposal made. Maybe that can help you some. Good Luck!!
janice

Unread postby janice » April 30th, 2014, 3:23 pm

The party was recently and I had a smaller version of their wedding cake and had them reenact the cake cutting, then they danced to their wedding song.It was a hit! Thanks to all for your ideas. Janice

Return to “Event Planning”