New Student!!

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
laceymsmith

New Student!!

Unread postby laceymsmith » January 30th, 2014, 3:14 pm

I am very excited to start this new adventure in my life. I am 25 years old. I have gone to school for various things and I have changed my mind a lot. After high school, I decided to try nursing and that did not work out. I then tried physical therapy. It was something I liked, but not enough. I then went to Greenville Tech for the massage program. I graduated and passed my exam and received my license. But still, that was not what I loved doing. I eventually went to school to become a paralegal. I completed the course and have been working full-time as a paralegal in a family law firm for three years. I have slowly learned that maybe family law is not where I belong.

I have always loved planning things. I love the planning part, but more importantly, I love the smiling faces and joyous times when the planning is over and the event is taking place. I gives me a thrill. I have planned birthday parties, bridal showers, bachelorette and bachelor parties, baby showers, and helped with a few weddings.

I am very enthusiastic about this program and what it can offer me. I am looking forward to the opportunities I will have because of completing this program. If anyone has any tips or advice, I am open to them. Thanks!!
DLB

Re: New Student!!

Unread postby DLB » February 19th, 2014, 10:15 am

Best of luck with the course Lacey.

Hope this is what you are looking for and if it isn't, well you will learn loads and have fun along the way!

Good luck.

Donna.

Return to “Event Planning”