what to charge

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
anje73

what to charge

Unread postby anje73 » May 5th, 2014, 4:58 pm

i am currently enrolled and will be finishing soon, i am very confused on how to charge for my services. i feel that if i do the hourly charge, clients might think i am padding the bill. what if they dispute how long it took me to do research? if i charge a flat fee, im confused on what kind of packages to put together and what to charge for each package, i dont want to not make the profit im worth. can anyone help me with these issues or comments as to how you charge or what works. please help!
JadeHollinshead

Re: what to charge

Unread postby JadeHollinshead » May 6th, 2014, 6:32 am

Hi :)
I am still starting my study with QC, but i have put some thought into how i would like to charge any clients which i do get, my idea is to charge a flat fee for a basic wedding plan package, ie: everything that is listed in our course materials to organise, anything extra I will add charges on top, or if more hours are requested from the couple to advise with planning.
If the couple do not require all of the wedding to be planned, then I can build other packaged based on this...
I was thinking of something like a decor package, or details package, where the couple have sorted their venues, officiants etc, but need help with the decoration/stationery/extra touches etc.
Or maybe engagement packages/ anniversary party packages, and have some discounts for your brides for any other events she may have.
Let me know if any help! Just a few ideas floating about!
aanje73

Unread postby aanje73 » May 14th, 2014, 4:41 pm

this really sounds like a good way to set up fees, maybe have a few major packages and then some a la carte items
thanks so much this really helps!
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » May 16th, 2014, 3:33 pm

I've researched other local Wedding Planners - and I've found that so helpful. It's also great to see how competitive the market is.

Almost all of them offer 'packages' - so set fees for the amount of work and input you offer (i.e. just planning, planning & being there on the day, just being there on the day).
It's also good to consider taking a % for MUCH larger Weddings (or Events if you are considering those).

Hope this helps!
aleestup

Unread postby aleestup » May 28th, 2014, 4:09 pm

This was one of the first things that came to mind when i began with my studies. this really helped!

Return to “Event Planning”