planning a western bridal shower

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
rae2012
Event Planner

planning a western bridal shower

Unread postby rae2012 » July 26th, 2014, 11:53 am

Hi i'm planning a western bridal shower and need some ideas.
cynthiaerblack

Re: planning a western bridal shower

Unread postby cynthiaerblack » September 6th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Depends on your location and budget, but something outside is recommended. Using lace and burlap will create the feminine feel that is often included in bridal showers as well. The nice thing about western parties is that you have a wide option of what to do for "greenery". You can choose to do single flowers in vases covered with twine to imitate straw or decorate with wheat stalks to help create the illusion of open fields that often surround small western towns.
Bridal showers are often held in the middle of the afternoon - so I would recommend sticking with that time frame as the sunny afternoon will heighten the theme.
You'll want to look into healthier versions of western food as the crowd attending the bridal shower will most likely not be interested in the heaviness of corndogs and pig blankets. Small pinwheel sandwiches are elegant and tasty finger foods and look into incorporating peanuts and sunflower seeds (if appropriate) as often we associate these foods with old western bars.

I hope some of this can give you some inspiration, good luck :)
rae2012
Event Planner

Unread postby rae2012 » October 22nd, 2014, 11:11 am

Thank you cynthiaerblack you were very helpful
cynthiaerblack

Unread postby cynthiaerblack » November 15th, 2014, 6:57 am

Glad that I could help :)

Return to “Event Planning”