Starting Business

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
Simply
Event Planner

Starting Business

Unread postby Simply » September 4th, 2012, 11:47 am

Hello,
I am in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and looking to start my business. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go through for a professional website? There are so many choices and it is a bit overwhelming. Also, has anyone recently completed the course or close to and provided event planning?
sstaquino
Event Planner

Re: Starting Business

Unread postby sstaquino » September 14th, 2012, 7:21 am

Try Wix.com, they have a free service, and have a template for event planning. Good luck and best wishes.
Simply
Event Planner

Unread postby Simply » September 17th, 2012, 11:23 am

Thank You! I will look into. Currently, I have a trial with Vistaprint.com.
Simply
Event Planner

Unread postby Simply » September 17th, 2012, 11:48 am

So I have made a facebook page as well as website for my new business. I haven't recieved much feedback or likes from this. It is called Simply Bliss Events on facebook if you would like to check it out. But How do I get my name out there? I've even posted on craigslist under services. Any ideas?
sstaquino
Event Planner

Unread postby sstaquino » September 17th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Have you gotten business cards yet? If so, go to your local event centers, chamber of commerce, churches, and party rental supply houses. Introduce yourself and hand out a few business cards. Make some brochures (part of our lesson) and sign up for a bridal event or two that are in your area. I am getting ready to heed my own advice and do exactly that. We have a bridal show coming in January and another in April.

Good luck,
Keep me informed of your progress, it helps to have someone with the same issues to talk to. Thanks.
You can go check out my FB page as well.

Budget Bridal Events
Simply
Event Planner

Unread postby Simply » September 24th, 2012, 9:20 am

@ sstaquino...Thank you so much and I agree it does help to have someone to talk to. Thanks for the advice because I haven't received any responses yet. I just received my business cards last week and was wondering if I or when I should go and talk to vendors so Thanks. I guess I haven't got to that part of the lesson yet. I am about to start on my A5 lesson sheet soon. I will check out your facebook. Please keep in touch and Ill let you know what happens with me.

:D
jamilitia
Event Planner

Unread postby jamilitia » September 24th, 2012, 1:42 pm

HELLO I AM ALSO NEW. I'M THINKING ABOUT DOING THE TEXAS EXPO AND HANDING OUT MATERIALS WITH MY NAME ON IT!!! I'VE HEARD WIX IS VERY SLOW LOADING DOCUMENTS. I'VE BEEN USING PRIMARILY FACEBOOK AND TWITTER TO GET MY BUSINESS. LOOK ME UP www.facebook.com/lachesignatureevents or search LACHE SIGNATURE EVENTS
Simply
Event Planner

Unread postby Simply » September 27th, 2012, 8:55 am

@ Jamilita - love your site. I need to get pictures on my site...still a work in progress.
I was going to look into the Bridal expo but I think that might be pretty expensive so I have been doing facebook and I have a website too. I need to get on twitter as well. someone told me about https://www.uniiverse.com/event-pro
that website in case you are interested and want to create a site there.
Natronald
Event Planner

Unread postby Natronald » October 4th, 2012, 1:45 pm

That is amazing! Well done!
I've just finished the course and would love to set up my own business
but i would like to do it with someone else rather than just myself far to nervous for that chat!
Hope everything goes well in the future!!

x
sstaquino
Event Planner

Unread postby sstaquino » October 21st, 2012, 4:29 pm

Event Planner

Unread postby » November 29th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Don't know if I'm a little late but 1&1 are good for websites and your domain name. I've already registered my domain name with them.

Just out of interest if there is anyone out there who has finished the course how many units are there?

Lesley

Return to “Event Planning”