New Student in the Vancouver BC Canada area

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
woot

New Student in the Vancouver BC Canada area

Unread postby woot » November 4th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Hello everyone

I am Glenn and I am a new student the metro Vancouver BC area. I have some prior experience in events in the planning stage and carrying them out to success. I spent many years volunteering at the TD/Canada Trust Vancouver International Jazz Festival as a backstage access control security person and as traffic control in Gastown. I have done many other events as well including staff conference booths for a professional internet company and for a private post secondary college, set up stages for performing arts shows, ticket sales, artist assistance and much more.
So I have decided to follow this dream of going into Events Planning as a business.
Buzzybee

Re: New Student in the Vancouver BC Canada area

Unread postby Buzzybee » November 5th, 2016, 11:31 am

Hello Glenn!! My name is Sony I'm a new student here to meet fellow planners and hopefully gain good advice along the way .
woot

Re: New Student in the Vancouver BC Canada area

Unread postby woot » November 7th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Hi Sony, nice to meet you.
I got into this after a few years of thinking it over and trying other areas of interest (music, photography,writing fiction, etc) I like working with people and I also enjoy being creative. I realized that being an event planner combines the best of both of those areas of interest.
I bring with me a lifetime of experience in music, theater, dance, festival volunteering, and a keen interest in outdoors recreational activities such as camping, canoeing and backpacking.
When I looked back at what I have enjoyed in my life I realized that it is the events and show and concert experiences as well as workshops and conferences no matter what the reason was for being there.
My focus is going to be in the arts and in eco-friendly events planning. I have many contacts and a solid resume for those areas.

Return to “Event Planning”