Do you take notes?

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
katieclayton

Do you take notes?

Unread postby katieclayton » March 12th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Hey everyone! Just submitted my first UNIT A, I was wondering do you guys take notes while reading the books, or do you just highlight within the books? I took notes on every book for UNIT A and it was very time consuming, just wondering if there is a more efficient way to doing this. Thank you! :D
Globalchane

Re: Do you take notes?

Unread postby Globalchane » March 20th, 2020, 7:10 pm

Hi!

I just started the course and am only part way through Unit A at the moment, but I am just highlighting the text as I go. When completing the assignments I look back at what I've highlighted and sometimes rewatch parts of the videos. It seems to be working well so far.

Do you have any insights into assignment A4 where they are talking about the brand pyramid? I'm struggling to wrap my head around it with the way it's described there.

Good luck with the rest of your course!
katieclayton

Unread postby katieclayton » March 20th, 2020, 7:34 pm

which question exactly? :)
CrystalC87

Unread postby CrystalC87 » March 22nd, 2020, 9:25 pm

I am on unit E and I take notes and highlight important parts in the books that we have
spamela416

Unread postby spamela416 » April 20th, 2020, 12:46 pm

When I first started this course I wrote it all down too as I did not know what the assignments were going to be like - Additionally, I copied every book and assignment into my own drive. Filed by Unit and Titled each file accordingly - actually I numbered them in-front of the title so they would stay where I wanted them to stay. I also Highlighted every title of each section so I knew I read it - especially if you have to stop and start. Then I highlighted the very important bits - If I felt it is a section or a good idea for going forward - I noted it in a notebook which I have sitting with me. Example: I have a To Do Business Notes List - It will read something like this: Research xxxxx or it will be Review Pg xxxx. something like that.
Later when I am done the entire course - I will review and go back to sections if I need to. I am on Unit E now. BTW - I feel by highlighting and making the most important notes it does help you to remember things, however, this is an open book situation so you can always find your info if you need it for assignments.

Stay Calm - Take your Time and most importantly - Enjoy!!!

Best of Luck
Pam in TO

Return to “Event Planning”