First Paid Baby Shower

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

First Paid Baby Shower

Unread postby InStyleGirl » December 12th, 2012, 4:34 pm

I am planning a "Book Themed" baby shower for April 2013 and I have some ideas for decor and food but not quite enough, does anyone have any past experience or just some ideas they can share with this theme with me? This is my first paid event and I really want to make it spectacular, thanks for any help anyone can give me :D
troberson
Event Planner

Re: First Paid Baby Shower

Unread postby troberson » December 19th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Is there a specific book that you are getting the theme from? I recently attended a Book Themed birthday party for the book "Goodnight Moon" and the decor really brought the book to life. So, depending on the book that you are getting your inspiration from will determine the decor and even the food maybe.
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

Unread postby InStyleGirl » December 27th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Thanks for the tip, there isnt one specific book in mind, its more of a mother goose type themed shower. We have come up with some ideas but any ideas anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Dare 2B FAB
Event Planner

Unread postby Dare 2B FAB » December 28th, 2012, 2:45 am

Is the baby shower for a girl or boy? Are you handling the whole shower from games, favors, decor,food and venue?

If you are going with the "book theme". you can maybe go with all the nursery rhymes but keep it based off 1 main 1.
You can do hickory dickory dock invites.. you can decorate with nursery books, stuff animals and add themed tags to the decor.

For party favors you can have little candles with tags on them that say "jack be nimble, jack be quick"!

Create a hickory dickory dock centerpiece using a clock and toy mouse or humpty dumpty, little bo peep...

Good Luck
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

Unread postby InStyleGirl » January 6th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, they are great. Yes I am handling everything, from the invites to the food, to the decor. The theme mother goose nurseries in general :) got lots of additional ideas from pintrest as well, thanks again it is very much appreciated :)

Return to “Event Planning”