Struggling with Event & Wedding Planning E7

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
sarah.warn3r

Struggling with Event & Wedding Planning E7

Unread postby sarah.warn3r » June 23rd, 2020, 9:20 pm

Hi,

Anyone else struggling with assignment E7, with regards to the budgets available for certain components of the wedding? For me specifically, I'm stuggling to find officiants in my area that is within the $200. I'm even looking up the cost for someone to become certified to become an officiant in my city to see if that is within the budget, so a friend/family and become certified. I'm wondering if the assignment questions could be slightly outdated/not updated to consider inflation.

Any suggestions?
KeiaW

Re: Struggling with Event & Wedding Planning E7

Unread postby KeiaW » June 26th, 2020, 1:36 am

Hi. Hope this isnt too late. Imma try my best to explain this the best way I can since I did receive an A on this unit and did a good job on E7. What I did I choose the cheapest items that way I can save money.

Example:

Planned/Estimated Budget:
Bridal Dress: $1,500
Stationary: $200

Actual cost:
Bridal Dress: $959.93
Stationary: $108

Money Saved:
Bridal Dress: $540.07 (1,500-959.93)
Stationary: $92.00 (200-108)
Total: $632.07

With me finding the cheapest/affordable bridal gown and stationary the bride save $632.07. The money she save can go to wedding officiants or ceremony location. I explain this at the end. The bride give you a budget do not mean you have to use it all. If you can help her save money on certain things like the bridal gown then do it and explain the reason why.

I hope that help, by the way do not stick with one vendor. For my stationary I made the mistake of only sticking with Minted.com, when I should choose other place. The more options from different place you have the better.
ThaliaT

Unread postby ThaliaT » July 9th, 2020, 6:45 am

Hey,

I agree. Try not to stick with one vendor. Shop around and see where you can save money.
With that being said, I too had difficulty staying in budget for a couple of items (this happened on more than one assignment) and I questioned if it was out of date as well. I thought that perhaps when the assignment was originally written, that it was perhaps not updated to reflect pricing now. I did ask my tutor within my assignment but I didn't get a reply unfortunately.

I hope you were able to complete the assignment well.

All the best!!

T.Thompson-Toney
sarah.warn3r

Unread postby sarah.warn3r » August 3rd, 2020, 10:03 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up doing something similar to what you guys have suggested, and completed the assignment. Did pretty well on it, thank goodness. I also asked the tutor about the prices on the assignment being outdated, but I also didn't receive a response from them.
hbisalski

Unread postby hbisalski » August 6th, 2020, 12:26 am

I know this might sound really silly but if they do not mind who marries them then go to the local courthouse and they usually have about 4 to 5 officiants on hand that you can talk to. My husband and I did get married at the courthouse and think we paid him $100 for the ceremony and a $50 tip. I wonder if any of them would be willing to come out and do the ceremony and keep the price around the same. Not ideal but just a suggestion.
~Heather

Return to “Event Planning”