HELP...I have an appointment with a company to plan a HUGE GALA for their entire organization of over 1000 employees

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
hbisalski

HELP...I have an appointment with a company to plan a HUGE GALA for their entire organization of over 1000 employees

Unread post by hbisalski »

Hi,
I just started promoting my business and received a message from a rather large company in my town that is wanting to put on a large gala for all of their company employees (over 1000) and I am a bit nervous of how to approach this. I haven't made it that far in my progress of the program since I literally started last week. Do we have access to anyone that would be willing to help answer questions and provide advice, not do the planning or anything like that, but just to make sure I am not going to make a mockery of myself and ruin my business before it even gets off of the ground? :shock:
Tosindd

Re: HELP...I have an appointment with a company to plan a HUGE GALA for their entire organization of over 1000 employees

Unread post by Tosindd »

hi!

I would personally advise to either get another planner on board with you, to give you assistance. Or go through the necessary parts of the course for this type of event.
hbisalski

Re: HELP...I have an appointment with a company to plan a HUGE GALA for their entire organization of over 1000 employees

Unread post by hbisalski »

Thank you so much for the advice. I have reached out to a mentor for assistance and am really excited about this opportunity.
Choutland

Unread post by Choutland »

I would suggest you get a little help with that size of an event.

Start asking questions to help narrow down what they are looking for as far a food, venue, entertainment, and decorations go. If it is going to be a seated event? Whether you want hors d'oeuvres, plated, or buffet style catering? That is the theme for the Gala. Most importantly what is the budget? With all of those components figured out, then you can ask them which component is that most important to them. and work from there.
FLE

Unread post by FLE »

The key is find out their needs and wants--write it all down--this is the discovery period with your client (first phase of your development and planning).