A2 Assignment - over thinking it???

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
Tannis1005

A2 Assignment - over thinking it???

Unread post by Tannis1005 »

Good afternoon everyone!

I have just started the event planning course and I have some questions.
We are given a scenario of two men (twins) celebrating a 40th birthday party. The spouse of one requested a Star Wars-themed party.

My questions are these:

1) It's for 60 people - am I to assume there are kids/no kids?

2) Do I create two scenarios - one with children and one with adults only?

3) Venue - do we provide the place(s) that are currently open or is it okay to select venues that are closed due to the Corona 19 virus - assuming that it is or will be available?

Am I overthinking this? :roll: :lol:

Thank you for your help!

Tannis
nlamham16

Re: A2 Assignment - over thinking it???

Unread post by nlamham16 »

Hi! So granted when I started the course, we weren't dealing with Covid, but I just went with the theory that there were no kids included in the 60 people, and I used a local venue that had the rental room able to handle that amount of people. Since we are all hopeful that we will return to "normal" events and be able to invite more than 10 people to an occasion, I would just go with what you would do if there wasn't a pandemic going on and everything was open.

Good luck and happy planning!
Suzan

Unread post by Suzan »

Tannis, you're not the only one that overthinks, trust me! ;)

I assumed all adults and a "non-Covid" situation, the same as the previous response to your question.

Good luck!!
Tannis1005

Unread post by Tannis1005 »

Awwwwww thank you, everyone!! I have been mulling this over for a few days now and am so GRATEFUL for your responses! Whoo-hoo! Feeling good again!
:D