New to QC

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
TonitaMarie
Event Planner

New to QC

Unread postby TonitaMarie » April 24th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Good Afternoon All....

My name is Tonita and I am new to QC. I am very excited about this Big Step towards my Dream of becoming a International Event & Wedding Planner. Since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of being a Event Planner and in 2009 I started towards making that Dream a Reality. I am a single Mother of 3 and this is a Career change for me. I am a Paralegal and I have been in the Legal Field for over 10 years. Even though Event Planning is completely different from what I have been doing for so long;but, I just love to make things pretty. I pay very close attention to detail and I love the burst of energy that you get before each Event. As well as the satisfaction of watching it unfold right before your eyes; that experience alone is worth all the Work that is put into planning a Event. I am also the official Event Planner for my Family, my Office & my Friends . I am not sure if there is anyone from Baltimore,MD. But If so I would love to connect with my new peers. I look forward to getting to know some if not all of you. Blessing and have a productive School Year.... ;)
dawn2323
Event Planner

Re: New to QC

Unread postby dawn2323 » April 28th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Welcome!! I too am making a career change!! I have been in the counseling/social service field for about 8 years and like you I am the planner for family and friends :D I am in FL, but there are always destination events LOL :D Good Luck!
Ang818

Unread postby Ang818 » May 9th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Hello, my name is Angela and I just joined QC this month. I read your post and see that you are interested in communicating with your peers...so I would like to connect from time to time...virtually (I'm from Chicago, but have family in your area).We have some things in common. I too, am working in a totally different field, Accounting, and am considering a career change. I, like you, am the official EP for family & friends. I also have my share of doing it for Church & work events. It was my aunt who suggested that I should do this because, in her words, "you always do it, you like doing it and you do a great job at it". I bucked against the idea for about 2 or 3 years now, and realized that if I would have followed my heart and her advice, my business could have been up & running.

Anyway, I am excited!!! I got my package on May 4th, and I have completed A1-6 already. Every chance I get I am reading or watching the DVD's. I haven't submitted it because I want to do the optional A7 & review my assignments. I welcome any advice, thoughts/ideas and even criticism and am willing to share mine if you are interested. Feel free to contact me at via bryang1011@gmail.com.

Here's to a blessed school year, and happy planning!!!
Redz

Unread postby Redz » May 10th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Hi My Name is Maria
I have Just signed up for the Events Course today. I can't wait to receive my pack!
I have also been the family, friends, church's Event Planner and I just LOVE IT! I have been doing events for years now but I wanted to get the insights to the business side of things so I would be well rounded so to speak.
Good Luck to us all :D
dawn2323
Event Planner

Unread postby dawn2323 » May 10th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Welcome Angela and Maria! I have not completed my business plan yet but I have found that I do not need it right away unless I am looking for loans or grants. It is still a priority for me. I went ahead and turned in A without the optional worksheet. I am now working on B. I have also obtained/registered my business name, obtained a business license and chosen an accountant. I still have yet to file for my Federal tax idea but is on my list. I have been using Vistaprint for my website and business cards. I also bought a car magnet for the back of my vehicle so I am always advertising. I have also heard that WIX is a good sight to start your website. I have started to go to networking events around town....things are coming together!! Still have a lot to do but have decided to take a time out and finish this course.
Angela, I would love to stay in contact and share ideas!! I welcome anyone else who would like to stay in contact to please do :D

Return to “Event Planning”