Anyone from West Africa?

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
binette
Event Planner

Anyone from West Africa?

Unread postby binette » May 31st, 2013, 3:45 pm

Hey Everyone,

I completed my course and relocated back to my home country , Guinea but I am finding very difficult to get people to understand my services, the event concept is very different here, when say Event, it is either you are a caterer, decorator....I have set up my business and working really hard to explain my services but it is just like I am not getting anywhere.

Anyone facing the same problem? if yes, how are you overcoming it?

Any tips, advice from anyone because this is really frustrating.

Thank you
Trix
Event Planner

Re: Anyone from West Africa?

Unread postby Trix » August 4th, 2013, 12:02 pm

i'm from west africa but Nigeria. its different in my country,they know what you do but wont let you do it. they feel its a waste of money, they live in a "do it yourself" world. and you cant blame them, services are quite expensive. there are lots of event planners, that arent even certified, but not much clients. it extremely rich people and celebrities that seek event planners. so u need to put yourself out there, dont just wait for weddings, im sure various events happen yearly in your country, talk to hotel managers, radio and tv hosts, mc's, dj's just about anybody, you'l be surprised at how they'll refer people to you
binette
Event Planner

Re: Anyone from West Africa?

Unread postby binette » August 26th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Thank you Trix. I have already started approaching hotel and presently working on my spot for radio, tv. I will keep u updated.

Thanks
binette

Return to “Event Planning”