Need help with service charging, urgent

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
binette
Event Planner

Need help with service charging, urgent

Unread postby binette » June 3rd, 2013, 3:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I just had my first wedding consultation, and I did a complimentary initial consultation. My client has requested a proposal before she can go ahead with my services, which is fine by me.

But my question is: Do I charge her for the proposal? because this is a really piece of work, she needs pictures on how her ceremony will look like.Since this is my first consultation, if she decide to go ahead with my proposal, ok , but if she decide otherwise, do I claim back my proposal?

Please I need your advice and if you have already planned wedding, how did you go about it? Bearing in mind that I have relocated to my home country, Guinea

Thank you for your advice
Stacy-C
Event Planner

Re: Need help with service charging, urgent

Unread postby Stacy-C » June 7th, 2013, 1:57 pm

I would charge her for the proposal, there is no need of you losing money on something you took the time to do for your business, and if she decides to go another way then she is, in some way, paying for your ideas.
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » June 12th, 2013, 10:28 am

Definitely charge. You've given her the initial consultation - which is fine if you don't charge for that, but this is extra work!
binette
Event Planner

Unread postby binette » August 26th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Thank you Stay-c and cmontano

Return to “Event Planning”