Help!!! Need ideas for a rustic themed wedding.

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.
NHMcPhetridge
Event Planner

Help!!! Need ideas for a rustic themed wedding.

Unread postby NHMcPhetridge » August 13th, 2013, 12:10 am

I have been offered the chance to possibly plan a rustic themed wedding but I have to come up with an impressive proposal. Please help!!!! Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks
SueBarrett

Re: Help!!! Need ideas for a rustic themed wedding.

Unread postby SueBarrett » August 19th, 2013, 10:59 am

Hi,

I just planned my own rustic themed vow renewal ceremony and it was much like a rustic themed wedding. One of my favorite resources and inspiration website is www.rusticweddingchic.com. They have so many things to help you formulate a plan.

I suggest a rustic barn or old house setting for the venue. You can use lots of mason jars with flowers, old barn wood for signs, chalkboards for signs are good too. Lace and burlap are big. I can share some pictures if you want.

Good luck!
amanda.barlow93

Unread postby amanda.barlow93 » August 23rd, 2013, 3:36 pm

Hello!

I was a a rustic themed wedding not to long ago. Some ideas they had were old picture frames as their centre pieces as well as horse shoes. Another idea they had was specific area dedicated to a place to take photos. It was a wooden backdrop with hay bales and old crates, jugs and mason jars. If I had the pictures still I would show you!

Hope that helps!
[b][i]Amanda Barlow[/i][/b]
Wedding & Event Coordinator
Datserah

Unread postby Datserah » August 24th, 2013, 3:02 am

Hi,
here's some ideas; paper-straws for the drinks, haystack-seating outside, board on a barrel as a table, cake on a chopped tree trunk, veteran car for transportation, boots for the bridesmaids, wooden crates (can be used for many various things) :)
NatelleMarie

Unread postby NatelleMarie » August 29th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Rustic.. one of my favorites! I "PINTEREST" way too many rustic wedding things! I like the following for a rustic themed wedding;

Venue: Barn
Flowers: Something simple, white flowers with greenery. Tie bouquets together using a twine
Centerpieces: Mason jars, to add a bit of glam you can paint clear glue on the inside of the jar and fill the jar with glitter and let it stick to the glue. Place a candle in the mason jars.
Bridal Party Shoes: cowboy boots
Signs: Post cute signs on a chalk board
Invitations/Menus: Use thick card/brown paper
Silverware: wrapped in burlap and twine

I could go on all day! ;)

I hope this helps

-Nat

Return to “Wedding Planning”