E7 & F7 HELP!!!

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.
melanator
Event Planner

E7 & F7 HELP!!!

Unread postby melanator » August 21st, 2013, 9:27 pm

I am on my last leg of my courses. All I have left is literally finding two indoor venues for E7, and Indoor venues for my reception in F7. The problem is the budget. I live in Phoenix, Arizona, and I've tried EVERYWHERE for a venue fee under $400. I've tried all over the state, and I've been trying for about 2 weeks now! I'm so frustrated and am so close to being done. I don't know how anyone can help me but I'm losing my mind. I really will take any ideas at this point. The cheapest I've found is $800. I don't know what to do! Heeeeeeelllpppppppppp!!!!! :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :(
jflip

Re: E7 & F7 HELP!!!

Unread postby jflip » September 4th, 2013, 12:12 am

So you need to find a total of 4 indoor venues for a wedding and reception for under $400? Is there a special theme or will any place do as long as its under that price?
spiffybrunette
Event Planner

Unread postby spiffybrunette » October 21st, 2013, 11:56 pm

I'm having a similar issue for the Seattle area but I started looking into parks in the area for ceremony venues for E7 since many of them only require a permit fee. Look around for spaces in local or state parks in your area that would be suitable for your theme. Get creative! :)
EP7560
Event Planner

Unread postby EP7560 » November 14th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Same issue in Dallas. On E7 when I first read it, I was reading it as a ceremony and reception (because that's usually what you think), but then I realized that it says "ceremony", which doesn't include the reception. I hope I have done it right.
CharlotteR

Unread postby CharlotteR » March 11th, 2014, 7:41 am

Stuck on E7 and the same problem...the budget. I have been just enquiring about the ceremony cost but sadly no one is coming forward giving me any info so all I can find out is the total cost of the wedding at the venue. Anyone able to give me any tips how they found the cost of purely the ceremony indoors? Thanks! :)
marieL

Unread postby marieL » April 9th, 2014, 11:05 am

I'm having the same issue in the town I live in it's impossible! if I had this client in real life I'd have to turn them down r send them to the courthouse. I've been planning my sisters wedding and I contacted everyone in the are for that reason and I know I've got nothing left. :oops:
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » April 10th, 2014, 8:38 am

Argh! I'm almost at F7 and am now not looking forward to it haha. I live in a small town with 0 'cheap' options. Going to have to really hunt by the sounds of it. Hope you found something!
JadeHollinshead

Unread postby JadeHollinshead » April 29th, 2014, 12:22 pm

I will be asking this myself to one of the tutors, but surely if the wedding venues in the US work the same as here in the UK, you could find some form of "all inclusive" wedding package at a venue?
In my UK case - there is simply nowhere as cheap as £400 for a reception venue, it isnt possible, even if you rent a field you still need a marquee etc for shelter and the reception... So what i did was...

So you can take the £400 Venue budget, add this to the £4500 catering budget.
Generally here the Ceremony venue which is the £300 budget is included in a package, so add this onto your total,
And then the actual vicar etc to perform the service who has the £200 budget, add this on top too.

So i have been looking for all inclusive packages here which include the ceremony, reception, registrar/vicar and the catering for £5400.

You might find this a bit easier? If we arent allowed to do this... i havent a clue, because no UK venues are just "room only" unless you want a little pub reception room or something, without anything else added.
Just another way of looking at it?

Return to “Wedding Planning”