Gaining Clients!?

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.
SammieJo

Gaining Clients!?

Unread postby SammieJo » January 26th, 2014, 5:07 am

Hi Everyone! I am just curious as to how you went about getting your name/business out there and how you gained your very first client. Did you advertise, was your first client a friend, did you offer special deals etc. I am approaching the end of the course and am unsure how to go about this. :)
Thanks all!
WanderfulLife

Re: Gaining Clients!?

Unread postby WanderfulLife » February 2nd, 2014, 6:51 pm

I post on kijiji sometimes. I started out doing a few free events for family and friends just to have the pictures and something to show potential clients. I do promotional offers often just to keep them coming back. You can go to an auction website and get a really good deal on rings or electronics and say something like "the first 50 people who book their event or wedding by xdate will have the chance to win this gorgeous diamond ring" or "10% OFF your package when you book between xdate and ydate"

Ask local photographers if they want to work with you for free. Plan a photo shoot in exchange for photos. Things along these lines help put your name in people's mouths.

Good luck!
D Wand- "Wand"erful Life Weddings & Events
BuffeeAnn

Unread postby BuffeeAnn » February 10th, 2014, 10:19 am

I think the first step is certainly creating an online presence. Start with a FB page and add a website. Friends are a great resource. Reach out to vendors in the area to become familiar. Your vendor list/relationships will be invaluable! It is a little scary, but you just have to go for it!
MarthaMcAlister

Unread postby MarthaMcAlister » February 18th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Having a website and a facebook page will help to promote your business and let people know who you are. I also would talk to lots of Photographers. They can help recommend you when they have clients get engagement photos done. Also having contact with different DJ's and bands can help get you clients as well.
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » April 10th, 2014, 8:40 am

A Facebook page is a great place to start - social media networking/marketing is genius - and it's free!! Everyone can see/share your page, which gets it around a lot quicker than someone just googling it.
pinktree
Event Planner

Unread postby pinktree » August 21st, 2014, 4:32 am

Facebook at Twitter are great for free advertising and networking as well as all of the free wedding listing sites.

I organised a wedding fair to get my name out there (100 plus brides now have my details and I also have theirs) it was also a great way of meeting lots of suppliers and building up working relationships as well as the opportunity to get some more experience in event planning. I'm still in the very early stages but I have been arranging meetings with suppliers and venues and am now planning the next wedding fair. All very nerve wracking but great fun :)
rae2012
Event Planner

Unread postby rae2012 » May 31st, 2015, 1:07 pm

Hi everyone my name is Rachel, I live in Louisiana how would i go about organizing a wedding fair.

Return to “Wedding Planning”