Getting clients

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.
jrpenybryn
Event Planner

Getting clients

Unread postby jrpenybryn » August 13th, 2015, 9:07 am

Hi, I have set up my business with a website, have advertised, am on facebook and even done wedding fairs yet I have still to receive any bookings. Please can anyone help and advise how they can get their first clients. I did my dads wedding so am using their photographs on my website but apart from that I can't seem to generate any interest. Please help!
jordyjoslinMUA

Re: Getting clients

Unread postby jordyjoslinMUA » September 18th, 2015, 8:19 pm

I think the main thing to do while gaining clients is to just keep posting your work as much as possible. Start a Like page on facebook dedicated to just your makeup work. Practise on friends and family and get them to share your work.. Eventually your name will get out there. it doesn't happen over night :) Just be consistent and you will gain more and more clients.
Luster

Unread postby Luster » October 2nd, 2015, 2:21 am

Hey you should try throwing some holiday parties like Halloween Christmas, or some themed parties.
you could take pictures and add them to your portfolio make sure they aren't at the same venue.
it could help add some variety to your work.
GingerCourtney

Unread postby GingerCourtney » October 13th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Hello There,

Starting off can be a challenge, your first clients are usually friends and family, after that you must rely on them to put a good word out for you. In the mean time you can consider more advertising and getting your name out there as you are doing now. You should consider maybe involving yourself in some volunteer campaigns coming up near you. They need the help, and you need the experience. :)

Good Luck,
Ginger Courtney

Return to “Wedding Planning”