Rentals

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.
JenPelch

Rentals

Unread postby JenPelch » March 7th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Hi There!

I have my first "big" wedding that I am designing for. As part of my business, I am beginning to accumulate rentals + starting to build inventory to rent out. This wedding is wanting certain rentals that I really can't find out there and at a good price for their budget. (poufs, accent tables, lounges etc). Is it an option to purchase these for them at retail + then they just keep them? Do I have to invest in these as part of my inventory + then give them a rental price? Thing is, I really wasn't intending on investing on larger items like this since I do not have the storage space for that stuff.....and honestly I am not sure if these specific pieces have longevity since the styling is very specific to this wedding. any thoughts or suggestions on how to handle this? thanks follow event extroadinaires!
cherrycreekevents

Re: Rentals

Unread postby cherrycreekevents » March 9th, 2019, 4:38 pm

I find it helpful to network with other vendors in my area who offer those kinds of products which I do not want to purchase for my own inventory. I sub rent these items through this third party for a 10% profit off the rental. They do the same for my rental items not in thier inventories. This system seems to work well for us.

Return to “Wedding Planning”