Assignment E3 The Wedding Budget

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.
kjsanderson

Assignment E3 The Wedding Budget

Unread postby kjsanderson » July 5th, 2013, 7:05 am

I have looked at this assignment over and over again, please can you advise me.
Do you add items into the spaces that have not been filled in? e.g. stationary using the Wedding and Honeymoon Budgets on the CD?
As the totals do not add up to £30,000.
Look forward to your assistance Kathryn x
jeepinit
Event Planner

Re: Assignment E3 The Wedding Budget

Unread postby jeepinit » November 27th, 2013, 11:15 pm

It's a tricky one. I am running into the same problem no matter how many times I enter different calculations. Need some advice!
TCatreceP
Event Planner

Unread postby TCatreceP » February 17th, 2014, 5:22 pm

I am also struggling with Assignment E3. Does anyone know how to solve this assignment?
DLB

Unread postby DLB » February 19th, 2014, 10:09 am

Hi

Now I don't know whether this is right or not, but I have used the guides on the template for a wedding at £30,000 with 2 attendants on each side and amended it slightly based on what we know re: cost of photographer, food and wedding rings.

I have only put the totals in, not all the sub-sections the template has as that is how it is set out in the assignment, and calculated the percentages accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Donna.
JessicaEvee

Unread postby JessicaEvee » March 3rd, 2014, 9:52 am

Hello Kathrine!
I have completed the assignment a while ago, so maybe this will help.

How I did it is; by reading the couples description I calculated how much everything else would cost on average for a wedding. Knowing that information, the rest was easy; you just fill in the blanks.
Once that is completed, you can go ahead and calculate the total, now if it doesn't equal the amount, that is alright!
atleast you know how much money you have left to add onto certain things like {Bridal Outfit and Accessories} because we all know this can be pricey, and you can afford to put more money towards it.
Once you've distributed the remaining, it should now equal to the right amount!
Now on the other hand, if when you do the calculation in the first place, and you end up with a + instead of a -, you obviously cannot distribute any more, in that case you will have to go over your amounts and look for things that you can cut back on. Calculate how much money you have over spent, and cut back on certain things until you have reached the amount needed!

I hope that helped Kathrine! Best of lucks!

- Jessica
Cianca

Unread postby Cianca » March 9th, 2014, 10:05 am

Hello All,

How many units does the course go up to? I see this thread is discussing assignments E3, I have only just enrolled and can only view units A-D online and my materials are yet to arrive, do you receive more units once you complete A-D? :ugeek:
Leesh

Unread postby Leesh » April 13th, 2014, 2:52 am

I'm having trouble also. I filled in the gaps in the spreadsheet supplied and my. Total = $30,000 but my percentages don't match what is in the assignment. E.g. 3% for rings (1.5% each) is totalling to $900 not $1000 as per the spread sheet. $900 is correct of 3% of $30,000. $1,000 = 3.333333% of the total.

Would I get less marks. If I made my own spreadsheet instead of confusing myself with the one supplied? Do the percentages or dollar values have to match what was given in the assignment?

Anyone else having the same trouble as me with getting. The percentages right?
Leesh

Unread postby Leesh » April 13th, 2014, 2:53 am

Leesh

Unread postby Leesh » April 15th, 2014, 3:23 am

Return to “Wedding Planning”