To clean up after the wedding or not? Need help!

Discuss wedding planning with your peers and get help with your assignments.

Do you help your clients clean up at the end of the event?

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Depends
33%

Total votes: 3
hherring
Event Planner

To clean up after the wedding or not? Need help!

Unread postby hherring » July 16th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Hello!

I had a wedding this past weekend and each time i have a wedding I’m confused about what i should do as it pertains to the clean-up at the end of the night/next day. I picked up trash on the tables and tidied up before I left and inside the allotted hours I said I would be there, but did not go for cleanup on Sunday. My contract said that I would review contract, coordinate day before/day of activities and unlimited consultation via email/text until the wedding.

I am a person who always wants to do the job to the best of my abilities, but I also don’t want to have to be the cleanup crew every time I do a wedding – especially because I am a one man show for right now. Also, I don’t feel like its my job to pick up after the party.

What do you guys do or what to you suggest? How do you tell your clients this kind of thing?
HarmonySavoia

Re: To clean up after the wedding or not? Need help!

Unread postby HarmonySavoia » July 30th, 2013, 3:05 pm

I just had a wedding and adapted the "day of itinerary" to include the day before and the day after. It was something the couple hadn't even thought of. I itemized a list of items such as Clean up, taking the kegs back, driving wedding presents to a secure location, décor clean up and storage, etc. During a consultation I went through the items and asked the couple to designate friends/family members that would be responsible for those details. Therefore, my planning was complete, but I wasn't their janitor. Hope this helps.
hherring
Event Planner

Unread postby hherring » July 30th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Yes! That helps a ton! I was doing the day before/day of coordination but just wasn't sure how to do the clean up designation. I like the 'Sunday List'. I think i'll do that too! Thank you so much for responding, I appreciate it.
HarmonySavoia

Unread postby HarmonySavoia » August 4th, 2013, 8:40 pm

I am so glad that helped. It was a seamless way to say "I have all the details handled, but I'm not your maid". I actually have another wedding coming up this weekend, and am using the 3 day itinerary again. It really wraps everything up nicely. :) Good luck!!
vickqqq
Event Planner

Unread postby vickqqq » September 30th, 2013, 8:40 am

I just had a wedding and if it's held in a venue function - the function coordinators will usually clean up. But if it were gifts / items that the bride and groom had created - usually they would give the responsibility to those they trust ie friends / family and set this in their agenda. That's what I did for my wedding. =)

Return to “Wedding Planning”