Getting my first client

Get help with your staging assignments and get advice on setting up your business.
cmfraser
Designer

Getting my first client

Unread postby cmfraser » May 14th, 2012, 2:24 pm

I think I have done everything right so far with going through my modules, attending open houses, leaving my business cards or my postcards around town and even created a great website but I am still waiting for my first client (maybe that's my issue, waiting around).

Does anyone have any marketing tips or suggestions on how to get your first client?
Kathleene
Designer

Re: Getting my first client

Unread postby Kathleene » March 17th, 2013, 11:20 am

Hi there. What I did which I found to be incredibly helpful was to speak to my friends and family and have them allow me to do either a redesign or a staged project in their home. I especially went to those who I knew did a lot of entertaining because we all know, when people come into your home, they love to talk and ask questions. Plus, by doing some free staging work, you can help develop photos for your website and portfolio and eventually, the word of mouth and praise will go a long way. Have you also engaged yourself in social media such as creating a facebook business page and a twitter account?
mntbike
Designer

Unread postby mntbike » March 25th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Hi,
I'm knew too, but ironically had a cleaning company ten years ago and ended up "staging" for folks who wanted to keep their home clean while having it on the market. My experience was networking with struggling real estate agents trying to move their market. Also the Chamber of Commerce has opportunities of getting your information out. There are "circles" not sure of the professional word, but it's sort of like "speed dating" where you have 5 minute per circle or group of folks to tell what you do and how you benefit others and pass out your cards. Good Luck!
Chamois

Unread postby Chamois » January 21st, 2014, 3:16 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the home staging course, but I know a little about marketing. I hope you've found your first client by now, but networking is possibly the best way to go when first starting out. Chat with real estate agents and friends. Offer free advice and tips through article writing. Establish a quality portfolio for your website and other marketing collateral.

Join a local home staging association or real estate association, if that's possible. Agents will get acquainted with you at meeting and events and you will learn valuable marketing advice through home staging association events or publications.

Good luck!
Kenichi

Unread postby Kenichi » June 29th, 2015, 10:58 am

All of this information is very valuable and much appreciated. :P

Return to “Home Staging”