stuck on A5 forming Categories

Get help with your staging assignments and get advice on setting up your business.
Kidzarewe

stuck on A5 forming Categories

Unread postby Kidzarewe » July 13th, 2016, 11:30 am

I have read the supplementary booklet in regards to forming categories idea sheet....but when I get to the templet--I'm not really sure what they are asking me to do...I have listed the items that I see in the room that I have chosen...which is the kitchen....so, as an example...when they say e.g. large furniture...would that be --- Refrigerator, stove, countertops, and etc...???? Help....Thank you!
Meloni

Re: stuck on A5 forming Categories

Unread postby Meloni » October 23rd, 2017, 12:30 pm

your on the right track dont forget the kitchen table pantry. etc.,
hope that helps
KristiContreras

Unread postby KristiContreras » October 23rd, 2017, 12:57 pm

I found this easiest to do with a photograph of the room. Looking at things objectively in a photgraph makes categorization easier. Heavy/ light types of furniture. Different styles, heights, colors. I circled each item and drew a line to some different categories I ended up deciding on. For a kitchen you might try updated appliances/ older appliances. Types of tile or stone. Artwork that compliments each of those styles. My personal favorite- does this item belong in a kitchen? (I tend to accumulate mail, post a calendar, things for my kids school, to do lists, etc that would be better placed in an office). This actually clued me in to the need for a small office area in my kitchen!
BossBlue

Unread postby BossBlue » November 10th, 2017, 1:55 pm

So if the category is labeled "large furniture" what will the description be, or can that be left blank?

Return to “Home Staging”