Advice on starting Home Staging Business or Working as a Home Stager

Get help with your staging assignments and get advice on setting up your business.
marz101

Advice on starting Home Staging Business or Working as a Home Stager

Unread postby marz101 » March 7th, 2020, 10:53 am

I just graduated from Home Staging and I would like to get some advice on how to start my own business
Shirlene

Re: Advice on starting Home Staging Business or Working as a Home Stager

Unread postby Shirlene » March 17th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Hi, I am on to Unit C of Home Staging but have completed Interior Decorating and Professional Organizing. I too am wanting to start my own business offering all the services of HS, ID and PO.
Did you complete the Business options of Home Staging?
The business options give you a great look into what is required for starting your own business, but it is still really scary; I feel anyway :?
What is it that you need specific help with? Maybe we can work through it together. Bounce ideas off each other.
Let me know if you would like to work together to get our businesses up and running.
SynthiaT

Unread postby SynthiaT » March 19th, 2020, 2:45 pm

I have just graduated form the Professional organizing Course . I am waiting for the optional Unit F to be marked. Seems everything, everywhere has come to a stand still. I am going to take this unfortunate opportunity though to begin to set up a web page for my business. Which I really don't know which app to use for it or how to go about it. Have lots of time to learn now though since off work from my usual job.
Tinxie

Unread postby Tinxie » March 22nd, 2020, 12:17 pm

I guess the best way to start your business is by doing it part time. Connect with Real Estate Agents and work a deal with them as your sales person. Whenever, they are hired to showcase a property to sell, they could recommend your service to the property owners and convince them that with your service their property will attract more buyers.
marz101

Unread postby marz101 » March 25th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Thanks for replying back!
No, I have opted out with Unit F, I was contemplating and wanted to challenge myself because I didn't have a clue on how I can compete with other Home Stagers that have far my experience; however, I am looking through the unit to help me out and give me an idea. Right now, I am working on my website and thinking of Service fees for my business. It is scary, starting your own business, but I want to be prepared if I come across any challenges.
SynthiaT

Unread postby SynthiaT » April 4th, 2020, 6:37 pm

Hello fellow QC Design School Students! I am thrilled to say that I have just graduated and received my certificates for Home Staging and Professional Organizing! Although the timing is certainly off with COVID 19 :oops: … high 5 to me :) I am from Ontario Canada and from a small town. Now I did complete the optional Unit F as I thought it was great opportunity to practice what is required. I am actually going to do the same thing , while off work I will work on developing a web page and my Portfolio . I honestly do not have a clue on to how to do a webpage, I will ask my son to help me in that department. Also I do not plan on doing Home Staging full time. I am actually thinking about approaching a local Home Stager in our area that I have been following and see if she would like to add a Home Stager to her team, I could contract myself out to her. I don't want a huge webpage and get swamped and I also do not want to carry my own inventory in way of furniture, she is already set up in that department so if there is a way I could work with her and cover some territory to help I will be satisfied with that, plus have the opportunity and grow working with an experienced Home Stager. Now Professional Organizer is where I would go off on my own as far as a business is concerned. However even this, at this time is not possible due to this unbelievable Global Crisis that shut down the entire economy. :( Not to mention every person I know is literally gutting and organizing their own home while they too are off work. So yes really unfortunate timing here but thats ok. I am proud I graduated and accomplished what I set out to do. I am excited for the future as this will some day, some month pass. Just think from a positive side we have all this time now while off from our regular jobs to really focus on our new business and will be all set to go when the time comes, not feeling rushed. Also so many people, family and friends have already organized their home while off work, guess what it won't last, they need to go back to work so it is going to get unorganized very quickly and they are going to be very discouraged that all their hard work went down the tubes again :? . Especially if they did not have a long term plan. That is when us Professionals jump in and really get them back on track with a forever plan. The same goes with Home Staging, the market is basically at a halt right now , in our area anyway , but when this is over it is going to explode :!: So get prepared for it :idea: and get your piece of the pie:) Well I wish you all the very best, I hope your path is prosperous soon. Take care, be kind, practice social distancing and wash your hands! :D

Return to “Home Staging”