Floor plans is kicking me in the butt

Get help with your staging assignments and get advice on setting up your business.
lclite

Floor plans is kicking me in the butt

Unread postby lclite » March 28th, 2020, 3:00 pm

I have started my sessions Unit D Floorplans. I was never good at math how can I make this easier :?
SynthiaT

Re: Floor plans is kicking me in the butt

Unread postby SynthiaT » April 4th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Hi I may be the wrong person to help you. I just graduated though from Home Staging and professional organizing. I did not do the greatest with floor designs myself, not very proud to say though. However my suggestion is to really watch the videos provided so you understand the floorplans, over and over again if you must. Pay close attention to how the tutors are handling the drafting tools too. You will get a better idea of how to handle them your self, if you mimic their every move in the videos. Very important to line and tape down your paper too. Other than that my most difficult part was having the right tools on my end. The trick to clean lines is having the proper Ink pen. MICRON Pigma pens were suggested to me by my Tutor, Angie. They come in a package of different sizes . Mine had sizes 01,02,03,05,08 and 005. They are not cheap, I bought them at Michaels, they always have 45% off days so buy them then. Other wise try your best, it's hard staring at the 1/4 mark on the scale for so long when your figuring it out, I get that , I stared at it a lot. Anyway in the end chances are other than a rough sketch, you will be using an App for drawing floorplans, but like mentioned you must still get drawing them by hand in order to use the App too. Do the best you can and if there is anywhere in your Units and Assignments you are willing to lose a few points on it is here in my opinion. I know I lost points for inaccuracy but my over marks with other assignments combined were great! So don't fret over it too much. You will get good feedback of your mistakes and learn from there. Sorry I could not be more helpful . Hopefully some other students can add to this and be more precise. Take care and good luck , you will be fine.
lclite

Re: Floor plans is kicking me in the butt

Unread postby lclite » April 8th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Thank you for your response.

Return to “Home Staging”