Let's do this thing!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
KatieWard

Let's do this thing!

Unread postby KatieWard » August 29th, 2013, 7:37 am

My name is Katie and I'm from a small town in South Carolina. It has taken me two and half long years to try and figure out what I wanted to do. I started school to be a teacher and that was not for me and then went back and started working my way to be a Radiologist Tech and I just couldn't settle. Then one day my boyfriend said to me "Katie, what is the one thing in the world that you have always dreamed of doing?" From that point it was clear to me that the reason I hadn't been happy all along was because I was not doing what I knew I loved. I am so excited to start this course and get on with my life. I currently help plan any event, party, or wedding that I can get my hands on. Even if it is just so much as me picking up the flowers. I LOVE it. Can't wait to get all my materials and get started. :D
eva1708

Re: Let's do this thing!

Unread postby eva1708 » August 29th, 2013, 9:06 am

Hi Katie!

It's really great to hear you've found your calling! :)
This course is really exciting! Working full time, however, I find it challenging to make time for reading the materials, but I hope you'll stay on top of the game!
Good luck! ;)

Are you planning to go solo straight after graduating or do you think you'll try to get some work experience in an existing event/wedding planning company?

Kind regards,
Eva
KatieWard

Re: Let's do this thing!

Unread postby KatieWard » August 29th, 2013, 9:48 am

Well I'm not really sure yet. I would love to get some experience under somebody else first, but also do little side jobs on my own. I haven't actually gotten my course material yet, so I'm thinking that once I get it and start looking at all of it I may change my mind. What would you suggest at this point?

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”