WANT SOME EVENT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IN LONDON??

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
EP9586
Event Planner

WANT SOME EVENT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IN LONDON??

Unread postby EP9586 » December 3rd, 2013, 8:11 am

Hi,
Hope you are all well and enjoying your courses!
Alongside doing my course, I have also started working in London, in the mobile gaming industry and we are organising an International Conference for worldwide mobile game developers. We are looking for volunteers and the first people I thought of were the QC Events students if any of you would be interested?
The conference will be for two days (20th and 21st Jan 2014) at the Vinopolis in London so you will either need a place to stay in London or be London based. We can cover travel costs if needed.
You will be helping with the general running of the event, handing out freebies, directing delegates and helping with the use of translation booths and headsets if needed. There will be a full briefing before the event. If you have experience that would be good but not essential.
I have added some information about the event below:

Steel Media is launching its first dedicated mobile games conference, Pocket Gamer Connects.
Leveraging the strength and international respect for the Pocket Gamer brand, we're bringing together leading figures from the mobile games world to deliver a genuinely global perspective - the freshest, most insightful, relevant, and fun mobile games event of the year.
The conference provides high value for developers, publishes and all services seeking to better understand the global ecosystem. Our speakers will be reporting on their local markets, offering genuine insight and advise on trends, tastes and routes to market, while cross-frontier panelists provide live feedback on issues raised.
With a focus on global publishing, plus a dedicated track on becoming an indie rockstar, there should be something for everyone over the 2 days (and nights) specifically all attendees will benefit from:

• Essential guides to publishing in Korea, Japan and China
• Super power panels featuring top global business leaders
• Top tips to achieving indie rock star status (or at least making a profit)
• Making valuable contacts at the industry’s best networking events
• Free global mobile game trends research report

Our first wave of speakers have been confirmed, with representatives from some of the biggest global names in Europe, the US and Asia, including King, Rovio, Gamevil, CocoaChina and PlayHaven. Add in the leading lights from the indie developer scene and it’s a good microcosm of what the show’s all about - delivering insight, inspiration and advice on the truly global mobile marketplace.
Current confirmed speakers include:

Tommy Palm (Games Guru of King)
Peter Vesterbacka (CMO of Rovio)
Harry Holmwood (CEO of Marvelous AQL)
Kyu Lee (President of GAMEVIL USA)
Lei Zhang (General Manager of CocoaChina)
Paul Flanagan (Advisor of Creative Mobile)
Ville Heijari (European GM of PlayHaven)
Xavier Louis (Co Founder of Brainbow)
Nicolas Godement-Berline (General Manager of gumi Europe)
Richard Flores Santos (Head of Games at Biodroid)
Veli-Pekka Piirainen (CEO & Founder of Critical Force Entertainment Ltd)
Perry Tam (CEO of Storm8)

If anyone is interested they can send their CV through to me at minal.parekh@steelmedia.co.uk so I can then forward it on to the Senior Event Manager.

Many thanks,

Minal Parekh

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”