Struggling after course

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
LaurenRoss
Event Planner

Struggling after course

Unread post by LaurenRoss »

Hi all,

I finished the course in December 2013 and I loved every minuite of it. But after the course I am really struggling finding a job in the industry as everywhere I look what solid experience which is fair enough. But how do you get experience when the jobs already want someone with experience, I have tried looking for a weeks placement where I can get this, but its very hard to come by.

Any ideas on what I should do because this is the career path I want to do but before I set up my own company I want to work in the feild to gain more hands on knowledge.

Lauren
Oxfordshire - United Kingdom
KJensenC

Re: Struggling after course

Unread post by KJensenC »

Lauren,

I graduated in December as well; the advice I would give you about starting out and gaining experience is to volunteer locally for an event while still working in the business you created through QC. This helps you to gain experience while building your confidence and awareness of you and your services. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

Kaloni
Bri

Unread post by Bri »

I was going to say volunteer as well. It's practical, hands-on experience, and it gives you first hand knowledge of how everything runs without being liable. Hope this helps.
_jennifermiller
Event Planner

Unread post by _jennifermiller »

I am working in event rentals right now and I will be finishing shortly. We work with lots of caterers year round and many of them have offered me position as their coordinators when I get my certificate!
MarthaMcAlister

Unread post by MarthaMcAlister »

I have contacted some churches and asked if I may help planning events more for the experience and something to put on my resume. It also has helped to get me work when Someone has a birthday or what have you.