If you've finished or close to finishing...

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
llove

If you've finished or close to finishing...

Unread postby llove » February 25th, 2014, 9:26 pm

How long did it take you from start to finish? I'm not getting regular slots of time to get through the course, and it is frustrating me. I seem to get binge sessions in and that's it for now.
ChelseaD
Event Planner

Re: If you've finished or close to finishing...

Unread postby ChelseaD » February 26th, 2014, 1:31 pm

I literally just handed in Unit F...
It took me exactly a year to complete, I started last Feb.
When I started I had a lot more time on my hands to work on it, and there would be long periods of time when I didn't do any work, but like you, I would binge. Take a whole day and complete all the assignments.
I found it helped to read all of the books (I took them everywhere with me, work, long drives etc..) and then banged out the assignments when I could.
I highlighted a lot in the books so if I ever needed to go back to something I could easily.
That is the whole point of this course, you are able to do it on your own time, and don't have to rush.
WanderfulLife

Unread postby WanderfulLife » February 27th, 2014, 3:54 pm

I started in November and am just waiting for my Unit F marks to come back. I waited 2 months between handing in Unit A and starting Unit B otherwise I would have been done probably in December or January.
D Wand- "Wand"erful Life Weddings & Events
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

Unread postby InStyleGirl » March 4th, 2014, 1:05 pm

I just handed in my final assignment yesterday, March 3rd and it took me roughly 14 months to complete it. Go at your pace and dont give up, it is hard sometimes but in the end, the satisfaction you get when you hit that upload button is amazing! Good luck
DawnPeterson

Unread postby DawnPeterson » March 13th, 2014, 8:51 pm

I am just about to start my last assignment and am very excited. The course was great, there is so much information and I learned a lot. Can't wait to get started on my new career.
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » April 10th, 2014, 8:42 am

I've had a few ups and downs personally so it's taken 24 months so far, but I'm half way through section F now :)
marieL

Unread postby marieL » April 15th, 2014, 12:18 pm

I started on February 23rd and should be ending my the first of May as long as the assignments get graded by then. I really pushed myself on this one I'm also planning my sisters wedding at the same time I'm doing this so I'm constantly in contact with vendors. I have two more assignments to complete in Unit F which I hope to complete today or tomorrow and then I'm done. Good luck and keep on pushing yourself you'll get there!
envisionpartydesign
Event Planner

Unread postby envisionpartydesign » April 16th, 2014, 6:34 pm

WOW!!! I ordered this course exactly three years ago. I put it in the closet and forgot all about it due to my busy schedule. Tons of parties later I noticed it was going to expire so I pulled it out mid February and completed one unit a week, submitting my last assignment March 31st. I literally finished within two months...I think I spent maybe two weeks on one of the sections but stayed on task each and every day. I really enjoyed this course and wish I would have finished sooner because I literally received six A+'s. I am so excited people!!! Research...Research...Research, that is the key. I interviewed vendors, read my books, watched the videos, and researched before I even touched one assignment. It really helped...then while I was waiting for responses from vendors I would move to the next section. It worked like a charm. Good Luck!!! :D

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”