UK Students??

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
LaurenRoss
Event Planner

UK Students??

Unread postby LaurenRoss » February 27th, 2014, 7:09 am

Hi All,

I was just Wondering if there are many Uk students that do this course and where you guys are from, Im from Oxfordshire area of the Uk.

Would love to chat and find out what you will be doing with all this information you learn from this course.

Lauren
JChan

Re: UK Students??

Unread postby JChan » February 27th, 2014, 10:24 am

Hello

I'm Jill from Southampton :)

I decided to do this course because I just wanted a career change and I was hoping this course will lead me to my perfect job!
LaurenRoss
Event Planner

Unread postby LaurenRoss » February 27th, 2014, 10:50 am

Hi,

How far have you got through the course it's very exciting and lots of information to hold in, I am currently creating my business just eating for my website to be done!
Good luck though you will have a great time finding out what you want to do I have chosen just weddings

Lauren
LJGilmourx

Unread postby LJGilmourx » March 6th, 2014, 8:53 am

Hi, I'm Lauren.
I'm a UK student from Scotland! :)
MelissaLynn

Unread postby MelissaLynn » March 6th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Melissa from Manchester :) Just started unit C :)
cameo14

Unread postby cameo14 » March 8th, 2014, 5:04 pm

Hi Lauren I'm in Scotland, nearly finished Unit B and loving it so far.

I would like to run my own business once i have finished the course.
Cianca

Unread postby Cianca » March 9th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Hi All

I am from London, I have just started the course I am on A5, I have been browsing the Wedding Planning forum and thought there was no one from the UK, glad i am not alone, how is everyone finding the course?
SarahW

Unread postby SarahW » March 13th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Hi

I'm Sarah and I've just signed up today. I live on the Beds/Bucks border and I'm really looking forward to starting my course.

I decided to do this course because I used to do event co ordination on a small scale for a company I used to work for, and then I've organised a few events in the past couple of years and I keep getting told I should do it on a more professional basis, so I thought I would do a course and take it from there ...

How is everyone finding the course ...I'm a bit concerned about having no deadline, do you find it hard to submit assignments, I'm a bit worried that, as I don't have any submission deadlines, I will keep hanging on to them and tweaking at them ...any tips ?
LaurenRoss
Event Planner

Unread postby LaurenRoss » March 13th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Hi Sarah,

Your not to far from me then! I finished last Christmas and I thought the same about deadlines as sometimes I will just push it back to the last minuite but once you get into you I couldn't put it down and I would say don't tweak to much, defiantly check for anything you feel you may have missed out but overall the tutors come back with how you could do better if you miss something out! I had Sharon Dawes she was super helpful and positive which kept me really going!! It took me about 7 months to finish

I have just started thinking up my business names and creating my website which is really interesting this course really helps you! I am still young so ALOT of bits to learn but I'm totaly ready and started to plan my friends wedding!!

Good luck to everyone who's started this course, love to hear how you get on and what you plan to do after you finish!

Lauren :)
sarahmidd

Unread postby sarahmidd » March 21st, 2014, 3:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah from Stockport in Cheshire. I've just started unit b and loving it so far. :D
EffortlesslyUnique

Unread postby EffortlesslyUnique » March 21st, 2014, 5:21 pm

Oh HEEEEY fellow UK'ers

I am Leah from Derby i have been on the course a week :) i love it!! i hope to become a successful freelancer and also work within beauty retail. I am starting my own youtube channel so keep your eyes peeled if interested :) anyone else have or thinking of having a channel?

Peace xx
LKirnon1

Unread postby LKirnon1 » March 28th, 2014, 5:25 am

Hi everyone ,

I am Lorna and I am from Birmingham........ :D
AbFab
Event Planner

Unread postby AbFab » April 4th, 2014, 5:36 am

Hi All

I'm Abi from Newquay in Cornwall. I've just started Unit E. How are you all finding it? :)
Helcannin
Event Planner

Unread postby Helcannin » April 6th, 2014, 10:13 am

Hi Everyone

I am Helena and I am from Yorkshire, I enrolled on this course in 2013 and then had to put it on hold due to a change in work commitments.

I am currently close to finishing some work related studies and then I am going to throw myself into this course!!

How is everyone finding it so far?

H
xxx
JadeHollinshead

Unread postby JadeHollinshead » April 28th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Hi all I'm Jade,
You'll find me lurking in the Staffordshire area in Newcastle under Lyme :) A little bit in the middle of the country!
Glad to see some other UK students, I was unsure how many there would be when I joined! I'm awaiting the delivery of the pack in the post for the wedding planner course, I want to do this as a hobby initially as I've always had a very keen interest in the wedding jargon since I was a tiny girl!

How are you all finding it?
I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in, in fact I've already started to compile a good directory of businesses in my area who stock various dress designers, specific methods of travel, venues from racecourses to castles and cakes, flowers and up-cycled unique stationery. I get a little ahead of myself sometimes!
Millie

Unread postby Millie » May 8th, 2014, 5:14 am

Hi all,
I am Millie and I am a London - based student. We should definitely do something more than just writing and organize a meeting for ourselves :D Summer is coming and there are so many great places where we can go for a weekend of ideas exchange, networking, advice and having fun. We all have so many questions and fears and loads of enthusiasm so what better than share it and get even more inspired in the company of like-minded people.
Good luck and hopefully, we'll see each other :D
Emma

Unread postby Emma » May 13th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Hi everyone

I'm Emma, I'm from South Wales (UK). I started this course because I wanted a career change, unfortunately made redundant in February, so my career fate was out of my hands in any case lol.

Really enjoying so far, although Unit B is taking a long long time :shock:
narcisse

Unread postby narcisse » May 21st, 2014, 2:26 pm

Hi, I'm Narci, from Bucks, Chalfont St Giles. I really enjoy this course so far although I'm still on Unit A :))
KellyR13

Unread postby KellyR13 » July 22nd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Hi all

I'm Kelly from Surrey and currently work as a Training and Events Coordinator but am looking to move roles so wanted a qualification behind me.

How is everyone finding it? I haven't received my pack yet but am looking forward to making a start when it arrives.

Stay in touch xx
TaylorWilliams

Unread postby TaylorWilliams » July 25th, 2014, 9:29 am

Hi everyone

I'm Taylor from the Oxfordshire area, I started yesterday and cannot put it down :D

I'm hoping to start my own business when I complete the course

Good luck.. :D
Beata

Unread postby Beata » July 28th, 2014, 6:31 am

Hi everyone!

I'm from UK too. I live in Hertfordshire county! So excited to start this course!
Terri81

Unread postby Terri81 » August 11th, 2014, 4:15 pm

I'm from Sheffield and I started the course today. Glad to see there's a few UK ladies on here
JStarkins
Event Planner

Unread postby JStarkins » August 27th, 2014, 9:51 am

Hi,

Im Jessica, i'm from Essex. Ive completed the course and hopefully going to take the leap and become my own boss. I'm very nervous about quitting my full time job and walking away from a stable alary though! Anyone else completed and feeling the same?
Corina

Unread postby Corina » September 14th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Hi

I am a UK Student, I live in the South West ... Dorset :)
AbFab
Event Planner

Unread postby AbFab » October 10th, 2014, 10:19 am

Is anyone in the Cornwall area struggling with E7?
I need to find ceremony locations on a budget of £300 - this is proving impossible...please help :(
LadyBish

Unread postby LadyBish » October 15th, 2014, 3:32 am

Hi All

I signed up yesterday and am awaiting my coursework. Very excited!
I decided to do the course after loving planning my own wedding.
I am in Surrey

LB x
LB x
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » November 11th, 2014, 2:47 am

Hello! Cornwall here :)
philippa1990

Unread postby philippa1990 » April 30th, 2019, 5:47 am

Hi everyone ...
I’m from the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire area . :)

I’ve always had an interest in planning weddings and events, always planned family events for special occasions so I thought why not do this full time and actually do a job I enjoy :) currently only doing the job I do at the moment as I need to so I can pay the household bills.

My end goal is to be qualified and set up my own business in event and wedding planning both here in the uk as well as aboard :D

Hope everyone achieves there end goal
Xx
Jconway01

Unread postby Jconway01 » May 29th, 2019, 7:00 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm in Brighton,:)

I'm in my last year of my Event Planning course and look to work abroad with the knowledge and experience I have gained.

Is any one here local. Would be great to link up with more like minded people. :)

Janine

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”