FRUSTRATED!!!!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
llove

FRUSTRATED!!!!

Unread postby llove » March 27th, 2014, 10:04 am

Just received my first review/grading of Unit A. My grade was fine, but here's why I am frustrated.

I answered all of the questions as they are presented in the worksheets. I consulted the Unit instruction booklet for further clarification, and I even used the online forum for further clarification on certain questions to insure I was answering correctly.

So, in the review of my assignment I was told I didn't provide information in certain answers, but it was never said in any of the literature to include that information. My tutor stated that is was her preference for all of this extra information be included.

I can do that going forward, but why aren't the full expectations of how to answer questions provided? How can you correctly answer these assignments if you aren't given the full expectations of the tutor?

What am I missing? Is there some book or web page that I'm clearly not seeing? I'm just frustrated. How am I susposed to complete assignments when I am not given the full expectation of an answer?
bexebop
Event Planner

Re: FRUSTRATED!!!!

Unread postby bexebop » March 28th, 2014, 4:33 am

hi!

First of all, welcome to the course :)

I am also only up to unit B, what I did with unit A, and have realised I will continue doing, is I went into proper explanation of everything I had planned. e.g finding businesses who could provide marquees, lighting, venues etc, I listed business name, address and phone number.

So basically, provide as much information as you can possibly find.

I hope this helps with your next units :)
marieL

Unread postby marieL » March 31st, 2014, 5:49 pm

I've been having the same problem! I know exactly how you are feeling I mean my grade isn't horrible but I'm really questioning this since I do everything it asks in the booklet. I'm already on unit d and not even sure if it's worth asking my tutor since she give s me the same thing each time and I'm not hearing the details of whats wrong with what I turned in.
llove

Unread postby llove » April 11th, 2014, 3:58 pm

Glad to hear I'm not alone, but I wish the expectations were part of the insturctions. It's hard to answer an assignment question if you don't get all of the question. i guess I will try carrying out further. It's just frustrating!
rosemay

Unread postby rosemay » April 12th, 2014, 2:33 pm

I have also had the same problem wanting more information that was asked on the sheet but on the up side I am very happy with my grade so going forward I will make sure that I will go beyond what is asked on the sheet in module B.

Good luck in your studies :D
MelissaLynn

Unread postby MelissaLynn » April 13th, 2014, 3:12 pm

I have been providing loads of information for every answer. When they have asked for one idea I have given 2 or 3 just to make sure I get full marks for it. I have also provided photos for most answers wherever I can. I think that's the way to do it as I have been getting good feedback! :)
CatElder

Unread postby CatElder » April 15th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Hi, I'm just starting out, I've been working through Unit A and I thought the questions were really basic. I couldn't understand how it could be so easy and had no idea as to whether to go into any detail. For example choose two other people that you might approach to speak at the convention - do you just have to write the names of the speakers? Or explain why you chose them. So far, I have not come across any guidance for the word limit etc. I want to make sure I go into enough detail and I completly agree there is not enough guidance. So glad I logged onto the forum before submitting any assignments. Thanks in advance for your help.
MelissaLynn

Unread postby MelissaLynn » April 23rd, 2014, 4:03 pm

Give as much detail as you can. If you don't it just seems like a waste and you probably won't learn as much.
I wrote the names of the people I would choose to speak, the website I found them on, how to contact the people via email or contact number or any other websites they have, what their beliefs are, what there experiences are of the cause they are talking about or any public speaking experience and why they would make a good speaker.
arlynbriones

Unread postby arlynbriones » April 30th, 2014, 3:27 pm

I just finished UNIT A..

something that help me a lot is to read questions very slowly..

i read each of them 2 times in my mind and 2 times at aloud ..

and i don't give much info because i will be mixt up if i do.. just keep it simple..
katerinapaws

Unread postby katerinapaws » May 15th, 2014, 2:45 pm

I have not had a problem with this so far (completed 3 units with A+)

The way you have to look at it you will receive the mark equivalent to how much info you add and how much effort you put into it.
Even if they ask you what 2+2 is, don't just say 4, explain what a 2 is, explain what a + is, make a list of people that have used the formula before. Yeah its a ridiculous example but you get the point. No question deserves a simple answer.

Gotta be willing to go the extra mile!!! :)
andreatoffy

Unread postby andreatoffy » May 16th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Hello , I feel so frustrated too!!!

I'm from Spain, my first language is spanish . My english is '' good'' but is hard to me for write everything correct.( my husband who is american , help me a lot before sent the unit A) . I sent a message to the school, asking if they can tell my tutor about my '' little problem''. They tell me that they will contact the tutor, this happen last Sunday and still don't have notices from my tutor and my unite A. I finished my united B and i can't send it until i have the review of my first unit....... :(
cmontano
Event Planner

Unread postby cmontano » May 16th, 2014, 3:25 pm

I've completed the course (A+) and am just awaiting my certificate.

I've not had this problem *at all* with my tutor. I've followed the questions and information from the booklets provided, and used my own initiative here and there. I've put in as much information as I could offer... and it's been well received.

It might be worth you actually putting your question to your tutor as they're the one who seems to have certain expectations.

Hope this helps!
vickievang

Unread postby vickievang » October 9th, 2014, 11:59 pm

I had the same problem. Currently, I work in the Oil & Gas Industry, and the make sure you have the short and sweet of it and if they need the details they will ask for it. Yes, the Course Guide is VERY misleading. If they want you to elaborate and want you to include pictures...then it should be stated. Remember there is a course survey at the end.

Now you know what your tutor wants and expects, GIVE IT TO HER. It obvious can only help, not hurt.
vickievang

Unread postby vickievang » October 10th, 2014, 12:00 am

I had the same problem. Currently, I work in the Oil & Gas Industry, and the make sure you have the short and sweet of it and if they need the details they will ask for it. Yes, the Course Guide is VERY misleading. If they want you to elaborate and want you to include pictures...then it should be stated. Remember there is a course survey at the end.

Now you know what your tutor wants and expects, GIVE IT TO HER. It obvious can only help, not hurt.
vickievang

Unread postby vickievang » October 15th, 2014, 9:23 pm

It seems like all of you are receiving a grade. I received an mp2 message telling me I answered the information correctly, but she would like to see more detail and that I could proceed to Unit B. I haven't seen any grade of any sort.
vickievang

Unread postby vickievang » October 15th, 2014, 9:26 pm

CatElder - I had the same problem with the two speaker. GO INTO DETAIL! I only put names because that is what I do in the business I am in, if they want more information they will ask for the details. But here they want as much detail as you can give them.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”