7 months off - MOTIVATION

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
bexebop
Event Planner

7 months off - MOTIVATION

Unread postby bexebop » May 5th, 2014, 4:29 am

Hi all,

I have had an extremely busy year! Firstly it started with a new job, and then moving house and getting into a new relationship, to my computer breaking down on me and only just getting a new one 2 weeks ago. I am finding it very hard to gain my motivation for this course back as I have only done unit A (got marked an A) and was almost ready to submit unit B when my computer crashed and looking back at the unit, I find it daunting to have to redo everything that I have lost.

Have any of you had a big break from study? What have you done to help gain motivation when all has been lost?

Thanks in advance,
Bex from NZ
claprin

Re: 7 months off - MOTIVATION

Unread postby claprin » May 5th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Hi!

My advice: try to remember what exactly brought you here. Why did you choose this course? Which were your future perspectives? What do you want to become in your life?

Unexpected happens; this is also an important part of your future job! How would you behave if you found a big unexpected event? Would you give up and leave your spouses to themselves, making a bad impression and possibly giving them problems on their big day, or would you think about the way to fix everything? :)

You lost all your UNIT B work; what's the matter? It's been 7 months since then, you probably don't even remember exactly how you answered. This is your boost: start again (from Unit B, of course!) and finish this course in a blink of an eye! :)

(Did I give enough motivation? I hope so. LOL!)

If you want to know something... I finished Unit A (A+) in one month - working 5/7. Then... I started Unit B... Got involved in another course (I am Italian, so I needed also some info about the burocracy and the weddings here!), and left my QC one on the shelf. Guess what! I finished the Italian course and decided I wanted to go faster: I finished Unit B (only 2 assignments were already done) in 4 days, full days since we had a sort of holiday here. I submitted Unit B last Friday and really can't wait to know how it went!!

Good luck with your course!! I bet you'll be a IEWP or IEPP or IWPP in a blink of an eye ;)
bexebop
Event Planner

Unread postby bexebop » May 7th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Wowwww.

Thank you so much, that was such an awesome reply and made me have a big think about my life goals etc...

Good luck with your course, I will keep you posted via this post :)
claprin

Unread postby claprin » May 9th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Glad to be helpful! :D

Yep, keep me updated!! I'm still waiting for Unit B result, crossing my fingers for another A/A+! :lol:

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”