Getting started in the business

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Kameron

Getting started in the business

Unread postby Kameron » May 6th, 2014, 9:49 am

Hey all,

I finished my course in march and ever since I have looking for a job. I wanted to gain experience first before offering advertising myself as an event planner. Now I have friends around me who aren't certified jumping in with both feet (which is awesome) and planning events and I'm still sitting here. I haven't been able to find a job so far and I really want to plan events! Should I just go for it? If so, how do I start? I've planned my own wedding, my brother's wedding, worked a couple of events and plan every birthday party in my house! I received A's on every assignment in the course, I know I can do this! Why do I hesitate? Is anyone else struggling with getting started?

Some friendly advice would help :)
lollipop

Re: Getting started in the business

Unread postby lollipop » May 8th, 2014, 8:53 am

Hi Kameron,
I also want to build a buisness in the wedding and event planning industry. I own a confectionary shop and hope to build the planning into it. I have just registered for a business name so now have that. I want to start a facebook page, Im nervous to do this because I want to make sure it is all done properly, so not sure when and how to start the page. I have planned my own wedding and plan a big funraising event every year (started 2 years ago) for woman's cancer (Girls night in), I have also organised birthday parties. I am only half way through the course and so far have recieved 2 A+'s and an A.

Let me know if you come up with any ideas, hopefully others can also post their ideas. Goodluck with it all

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”