Getting started in the business

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Kameron

Getting started in the business

Unread post by Kameron »

Hey all,

I finished my course in march and ever since I have looking for a job. I wanted to gain experience first before offering advertising myself as an event planner. Now I have friends around me who aren't certified jumping in with both feet (which is awesome) and planning events and I'm still sitting here. I haven't been able to find a job so far and I really want to plan events! Should I just go for it? If so, how do I start? I've planned my own wedding, my brother's wedding, worked a couple of events and plan every birthday party in my house! I received A's on every assignment in the course, I know I can do this! Why do I hesitate? Is anyone else struggling with getting started?

Some friendly advice would help :)
lollipop

Re: Getting started in the business

Unread post by lollipop »

Hi Kameron,
I also want to build a buisness in the wedding and event planning industry. I own a confectionary shop and hope to build the planning into it. I have just registered for a business name so now have that. I want to start a facebook page, Im nervous to do this because I want to make sure it is all done properly, so not sure when and how to start the page. I have planned my own wedding and plan a big funraising event every year (started 2 years ago) for woman's cancer (Girls night in), I have also organised birthday parties. I am only half way through the course and so far have recieved 2 A+'s and an A.

Let me know if you come up with any ideas, hopefully others can also post their ideas. Goodluck with it all