Completed the course..what to do now??

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
cherrycc
Event Planner

Completed the course..what to do now??

Unread postby cherrycc » September 1st, 2014, 8:27 am

Has anyone else completed the course and wondered what to do next? I am totally lost as to what to do now..how to get into it..experience..just generally getting my foot in the door! Is there anyone out there any the wiser or been through this already?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D :D
BrandyJean

Re: Completed the course..what to do now??

Unread postby BrandyJean » September 3rd, 2014, 9:27 pm

I haven't finished my course, but I have started working. I have started working with a catering & Event company. It has been a great help and a lot of help. I am working on my last assignment and doing the reception part has helped a lot. I was able to plan the menu with the experience I have gotten from the company. I am also able to learn how to deal with events before I decide to be on my own. So this may be something you can look into.
Terri81

Unread postby Terri81 » September 6th, 2014, 7:07 am

Are you wanting to work for yourself or for a company?
LaurenRoss
Event Planner

Unread postby LaurenRoss » September 10th, 2014, 6:08 am

Hey,

I finished end of last year and its been a struggle to find an event job with out any experience, so I have braved it and have now decided to start my own business instead, I have just got someone to create a website for me which is nearly done and then I will be up and running, hopefully this will go to plan and work out for me.
Maybe if you struggle getting your foot in the door you can see if anyone will take you on for weekend work to get experience.

Lauren
Kbell

Unread postby Kbell » October 9th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Good Luck,

I am not done but have been trying to find part - time jobs with event companies or Hotels and it has not been easy. There are not a lot of the jobs and they don't seem to turnover like a lot of positions? Anyone got any suggestions, OKC :?

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”