Creating a Logo

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
lulucreations
Event Planner

Creating a Logo

Unread postby lulucreations » January 23rd, 2015, 11:33 am

Hello Everyone,

I am Emma from UK.

I am about to finish my last assignment to complete the Event and Wedding Planning course.
A lot of you have Facebook / Twitter accounts and you have created a business page on there.
Can I ask where did you create your logos?
I have created a few online and have found them quite expensive, any advice on logos for my business?

Thank You
Emma :D
TayLinAnne

Re: Creating a Logo

Unread postby TayLinAnne » January 26th, 2015, 12:03 pm

hey emma

I'm new here, but I downloaded the freeby version of serif. I watched a couple of their videos to get me started and then went from there. my logo is basic for now but starting out I'm ok with that.

goodluck!

gayle
lulucreations
Event Planner

Unread postby lulucreations » March 17th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Thank You Gayle.

Very helpful :mrgreen:
JanetCurry

Unread postby JanetCurry » March 21st, 2015, 4:01 am

Hi Emma

I'm also from the UK and have just had a fantastic logo created for my new business via www.designcrowd.com. I can't recommend them enough and have used them several times on various projects.

Basically it's a crowd source website where you decide what kind of design you want (I'd suggest the logo and business card combined option) and then you fill in a brief which also includes setting a budget for how much you're prepared to pay. At the time you submit your brief you make the payment which sits with Design Crowd. Your project is then launched and promoted out to thousands of designers all over the world who will then submit designs to your project. I personally had around 100 different designs submitted to me over 5 days from people from literally every continent. During that time I managed to whittle down my favourites and get them to create countless adjustments until I was happy. I then decided which one I finally liked and declared them as the 'winner'. The winning designer then sent me the logo and business card design in all the relevant formats needed for printing etc. I then hit the button with Design Crowd to say I was happy and then they released my funds to the designer. Job done!

One of the great things about this site (aside from getting hundreds of designs to choose from) is the money back guarantee. If you get to the end of the project duration and you still haven't found a design you like then you just get your money back. It happened to me on a project a few years ago to redesign an existing logo and for some reason nothing really worked for me or hit me as better than I'd already got so I got my money back. It was very simple.

I hope that helps. It's a great site and im sure you'll be really impressed.

Good luck.

Janet
JanetCurry

Unread postby JanetCurry » March 21st, 2015, 4:04 am

Btw....I forgot to say, I set a budget of £140 for my logo and business card design project but you can start projects from £60 although you'll get fewer submissions I imagine. You can see my design on my so far unused Twitter account @janetwhitedove
Take care x
ecrites

Unread postby ecrites » May 25th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I've had luck with Etsy in the past...
jas.it.up

Unread postby jas.it.up » May 27th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Try www.fiverr.com and type in logos

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”