Vendors and Suppliers

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
TCW

Vendors and Suppliers

Unread postby TCW » February 23rd, 2015, 1:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tasha. I'm from Washington, DC. I have been taking my event planning courses for 2 months now. I just completed my unit B assignment for vendors and suppliers.

Can anyone help me find other ways to interact with vendors and suppliers beside searching the internet. Are there any event shows I can attend?

Thank you

PS. Is there anyone from Washington DC taking the Event Planning Courses?
iconic42

Re: Vendors and Suppliers

Unread postby iconic42 » March 1st, 2015, 4:54 pm

Hi Tasha!

I'm from the DC area too (Northern VA to be more exact) and I just completed Unit A yesterday. There were a few bridal expo's in the area last month, but i believe the events reoccur in different locations. I'm not sure how much general admission tickets are because I was a vendor promoting a venue I currently work for, but it is a REALLY great chance to meet hundreds of vendors and even brides to be. A lot of young girls starting up their own wedding planning business came up to our booth and handed me their business cards and I saw them going around handing them out to other guests. But, to get an actual vendor booth I believe it costs up to $700. Check out weddingexperience.com for more info. George Mason Univ. also hosts a Patriot Center Bridal Show (which was also last month). I'm not sure when the next one is, but it is a HUGE expo. Many of these bridal shows happen in the month of January (the slowest Wedding month)..

I've also seen event planners drop cards and other informative materials off to local vendors of photographers, bakers, wedding dress boutiques, etc. or even call local venues and ask how to get onto their preferred vendors list.
TCW

Unread postby TCW » March 5th, 2015, 10:24 am

Hi Iconic42,

Thank you for the information. I will take a look at the website.
AliaRenee

Unread postby AliaRenee » March 5th, 2015, 2:26 pm

I agree expo shows are a great way to build up your contacts I'm actually attending one in New York in October look in areas around you for event planner expos also there's a great app called eventbrite if u join it will send you notifications for those types of events in your area any luck with B1 I'm kind of stuck as to exactly what they want

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”