Overwhelmed!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
JinxedBee

Overwhelmed!

Unread postby JinxedBee » July 22nd, 2015, 2:16 am

Overwhelmed!
I only have two more units left in the Event and Wedding Planning Course then I'm on to the Décor course. Because I'm so close to being done I have started looking around for jobs in the field, as I wanted to get some experience before just opening up my own business.
I can’t believe how difficult it has been trying to get my foot in the door. I honestly didn’t expect it to be this tough and I’m starting to feel like this was a complete waste of Time and Money!
Is anyone in the same position as me and do you have any suggestions on what to do. I’m feeling really lost…
Thanks in advance.
aabentz

Re: Overwhelmed!

Unread postby aabentz » July 27th, 2015, 12:38 am

What kind of places are you looking?
catherinercarney

Re: Overwhelmed!

Unread postby catherinercarney » August 9th, 2015, 10:00 am

I hear ya ! I felt the same thing! Try emailing local schools/colleges/universities around you. I found success by contacting a student relations office at a local college. If they do not have an opening lots of times they have outside contacts who are willing to help. Also, YMCA's and similar organizations are always looking for people with event planning skills. I know these are not the positions you probably planned on fulfilling when you started this journey but they are good starting points. :D Goodluck!

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”