advertising

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
kimber23

advertising

Unread postby kimber23 » July 31st, 2015, 1:39 pm

I have been interested in this industry for years and following the school for the last four. Finally things in my life have made a way that I could turn event planning into a career. I signed up in the fall and I graduated from the Event & Wedding Planning course in the spring and upon completion went full force into preparing to launch my business. Website created, facebook page, pinterest account, letterhead, pricing in order, created a database with all the local vendors and venues in the area, all the contracts and welcome packets and every other detail ready for business. Three weeks ago I created a letter and mailed it to 167 area businesses(florists, venues, photographers, bakery's). I have only gotten 9 responses with rates and info. I am sure more will trickle in but dissappointed on the number thus far. ( I was hoping for at least 50) Also received 26 back with bad addresses or no mail receptical. I need to find ways to advertise. Looking for help in this area. I emailed the local radio station tonight hoping to hear from them tomorrow as to how that works and how much it costs. I am already signed up to have a booth at a Bridal Expo in January. Any other suggestions as to how to get my name out there? Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.... Thank you

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”