Course Completed

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Purple Princess
Event Planner

Course Completed

Unread postby Purple Princess » August 2nd, 2015, 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have just submitted my final module!!!!!!!!!!! So far have received better grades for the first 5 than anything I did in school, college or university and I have thoroughly enjoyed this course.

I am at the stage now where I need to think about how I am going to use this course effectively once I have finished it. I don't want to just waste it, but am not sure where to go and what to do next.

I am located in the UK (Cheshire) and many of the hotels nearby either want 5 years experience, or maybe offer a more junior role such as F&B or front of house roles but I'm a single person living on my own and the salaries for these roles are too much of a cut from my current marketing job to be able to afford to go for them.

I would love love love to have my own business as a wedding planner, but have no financial means of starting my own business in terms of savings etc.

Is there anyone else on here in the UK in a similar position or was in a similar position and is now a successful wedding planner that could give me some advice on what and where I could go.

Thanks all
Sally
TayLinAnne

Re: Course Completed

Unread postby TayLinAnne » August 10th, 2015, 4:01 am

hey sally, you don't need a great deal of money to start your business, you can operate this business from home. I operate from home and book all appointments to meet at coffee shops about midway between client and myself. just have a google on what you need to start your own business eg registering business name etc. goodluck and congrats!! I've just submitted unit E and starting unit F, downfall though is that I am paying the course fortnightly so will have to wait til fees are paid in feb to get my cert.... :cry:

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”