Anyone Finshed the course recently?? What are your plans?

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
MichelleMcGoldrick
Event Planner

Anyone Finshed the course recently?? What are your plans?

Unread postby MichelleMcGoldrick » July 9th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I'm almost done the course and kind of feel lost on what happens next! I want to know what everyone else will be doing!! Starting your own business? Applying for jobs? Its pretty crappy but I have had a couple people in my life almost look down upon online correspondence which isn't cool! Just because we are doing schooling online does not mean we wont be able to get a job anywhere!!! What do you guys think? Is anyone else dealing with the same problem?
Melissayoung
Event Planner

Re: Anyone Finshed the course recently?? What are your plans

Unread postby Melissayoung » July 10th, 2012, 10:41 am

HI MICHELLE! CONGRATS!! DONT GET DISCOURAGED BY ANYONE. (EASIER SAID THAN DONE) JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE CERTIFIED AND PASSIONATE! YOU WILL FIND WORK. WHETHER ASSISTING SOMEONE OR DIVING IN AND STARTING YOUR OWN COMPANY.
I WOULD SUGGEST NOT EVEN INDULGING THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY AND SURROUND YOURSELF WITH TOTALLY SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE. :) :)
GOODE LUCK AND SUCCESS,
MELISSA ANNE YOUNG
Bryony Miles
Event Planner

Unread postby Bryony Miles » July 19th, 2012, 11:05 am

Good luck in starting your new business!! I am almost there now and hope to find an investor in my company!!
:D xxx
MoJO
Event Planner

Unread postby MoJO » November 7th, 2012, 8:40 am

Hi, I recently finished the course yay and I am now a certified IEWP. I would love to start my own business but don't have any experience in doing any events only a couple for a friend at their house. So I was thinking maybe I should try and get a job in the industry first and build up my experience that way, just hope some one gives me a break :) I'm going to start a blog too.
If I don't find a job I will go ahead and start my own business once I have thought of a name lol (harder than you think), create a website and offer my services free to the first few people so i can build up my portfolio that way. Would love your feed back and to hear of any experiences you have had since finishing the course.
:mrgreen:
Jo Martin
Ranoosh1
Event Planner

Unread postby Ranoosh1 » November 7th, 2012, 12:42 pm

You can definitely start by interning with any event planning company to gain experience..so you could see what exactly you would like to specialize in, and how the day to day procedures work. I am currently starting Unit B and have interviews to a couple different event companies. What better way to learn about the business while taking the class than interning! :D

Good Luck from Houston, Tx
Athena DeVonne
Event Planner

Unread postby Athena DeVonne » December 11th, 2012, 10:06 pm

I am just about done with my last course in the IWPP program. I decided to start my own business. I just finished my website design this last week... just a few days ago I launched it:) . Yay SOOO excited. I also made a facebook fan page and started a twitter and instagram and pinterest. In this generation knowledge of social media is definitely important. I just 400 fans on FB! I use this page as my blog/inspiration/advice board. Feedback has been great. Check it out and let me know what you think .

I plan on creating a vendor referral program to get started, and other major advertising. I am planning one wedding at a discounted rate to get started. However I do not want to sell myself short so after this first wedding I will charge regular rates. You definitely want to exude the confidence of experience:)

Good luck to everyone on your business ventures!
kayla
Event Planner

Unread postby kayla » December 12th, 2012, 10:21 am

Hi Everyone,

I finished my course in November. I've been applying to many jobs. It's hard at this time to find anything. I don't want to start my own business but to work for a company. I've called many event companies to ask if they would put me on as a Volunteer but I have had no luck. I'm really stuck right now and I don't know what else to do. I currently have a full time job as a CSR that I really don't enjoy, but I just keep looking everyday for something to come up.

Any suggestions would be a great help!

All the best.

Kayla
melissa1984
Event Planner

Unread postby melissa1984 » January 8th, 2013, 12:00 pm

just curious how long did it take to get your certification mailed to you?
CLM Events Services
Event Planner

Unread postby CLM Events Services » January 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Hello there. I completed the course in May 2012, and, started my Event Planning biz in January 2013!!!

Looking forward to having you on board among Event Planners soon! Caroline Martin
JasmineDemuth321
Event Planner

Unread postby JasmineDemuth321 » February 5th, 2013, 5:42 pm

I just finished at the beginning of this month. I would like to eventually start my own business, but first i would like to work as an assistant or in a big firm so that i will gain some experience. I do find it tough to get out there though. Just keep sending your resume. I dont think the online thing makes a difference. We worked just as hard as we would in a classroom. A way to make good contacts is volunteering to work the Wedding Salon. Its like a bridal expo and a lot of vendors attend and you get to meet people in the business. They have them in NY and LA and other places as well.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”