Completed!!!!!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
denims24

Completed!!!!!

Unread postby denims24 » August 23rd, 2015, 6:45 pm

Hello everyone! I completed my course a little while ago and I finally got my certificate in the mail the other day! I'm so excited to finally start building my business. My only problem is pricing... How are you guys pricing your business? Also I'm totally stuck with how to write a business plan. I was never very good with writing essays or anything in high school, so now when my brain tries to think of large things like this I get a total mind block!
adavisl

Re: Completed!!!!!

Unread postby adavisl » September 19th, 2015, 11:36 am

I hired a wedding planner before. She charged $900.00 for a complete packaged wedding. All I had to do was say yes or no to everything, I showed up and everything was done. You could charge up to $1,200.00 but it really depends on what you are offering. I would definitely do some market researching in your area first and set your worth based on your findings. Who is your competition? What are they offering? Where do they fall short? What are your potential clientele looking for? What are your potential clients willing to pay for such a service? Research, research, research! I hope this helps. I am JUST starting my courses now.
As for a business plan if you live in Canada you can find free resources and templates on government websites. A business plan is time consuming and a lengthy process. You would definitely need one if you are looking to receive funding from banks to launch your enterprise. Also if you are again a resident of Canada and are under the age of 25 you can also request free grants from the "Womens enterprise" I know we have one where I reside. You would have to check your local resources. Credit unions are more inclined than banks to take risks on new businesses and building projects.

I hope I was of assistance. Good luck with everything
adavisl

Unread postby adavisl » September 19th, 2015, 11:36 am

I hired a wedding planner before. She charged $900.00 for a complete packaged wedding. All I had to do was say yes or no to everything, I showed up and everything was done. You could charge up to $1,200.00 but it really depends on what you are offering. I would definitely do some market researching in your area first and set your worth based on your findings. Who is your competition? What are they offering? Where do they fall short? What are your potential clientele looking for? What are your potential clients willing to pay for such a service? Research, research, research! I hope this helps. I am JUST starting my courses now.
As for a business plan if you live in Canada you can find free resources and templates on government websites. A business plan is time consuming and a lengthy process. You would definitely need one if you are looking to receive funding from banks to launch your enterprise. Also if you are again a resident of Canada and are under the age of 25 you can also request free grants from the "Womens enterprise" I know we have one where I reside. You would have to check your local resources. Credit unions are more inclined than banks to take risks on new businesses and building projects.

I hope I was of assistance. Good luck with everything
denims24

Unread postby denims24 » September 19th, 2015, 11:27 pm

Thanks so much for your advice! I did do some investigating into other business' pricings, and I think I will start out at around 1000 like you said. I'm actually from the San Francisco Area in California. :) We do have a couple of business plan templates on our government website as well, and since I'm planning on having my business stationed in SF, I'm probably going to go to the city hall there and see if anyone is available to help me write it. I'm also trying to decide between LLC or sole proprietor at the moment, leaning towards sole.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”