Stock Photos for Website

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
littleminx
Event Planner

Stock Photos for Website

Unread postby littleminx » August 21st, 2012, 1:09 am

Hi guys

I am still doing my event planner course and am just in the process of starting up my own business...i am planning on doing some events through friends and charities to build up my portfolio but in the meantime i still need to get photos to put on my website..does anyone know where i can get some FREE photos from? Im not sure if im allowed to use the ones i find in google search . Also just want to make a note that i am planning to disclose my newbie status on my website but the photos just look good as examples :)
EricLutz
Designer

Re: Stock Photos for Website

Unread postby EricLutz » August 21st, 2012, 10:21 am

You can do a search for free stock imagery on google - check the terms of usage for those and go for it.
One note - the imagery on free stock sites is pretty poor in most cases.
Check out istockphoto.com - the costs for usage there are REALLY reasonable particularly considering the sizes you'll need for a website - like a couple of bucks.
Good luck!!
Decorinnovat
Designer

Unread postby Decorinnovat » August 24th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Stock photos are not a good Idea to use, they don't display your professional and creative talent they display the talent of someone else. If you must use them, then you need to mentioned that the "photos on this website are examples and not the images of your company name". You need to set some time aside and create your own designs and photos. I know it is not easy when you are first stating out but you don't want to be now as the girl/guy that uses others ideas..

Once you have your own images I suggest you look into getting an "True Portfolio stock-photo-FREE" Logo to add to your portfolio

Good Luck!
littleminx
Event Planner

Unread postby littleminx » August 26th, 2012, 11:03 pm

yes i understand that but when you are first starting out and you havent done any events you cant just have a blank website so you need to put something on there... I am completely prepared to be honest that they arent my photos but yeah I need something on there...

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”