New Student

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
KaylaEldridge

New Student

Unread postby KaylaEldridge » May 14th, 2016, 7:16 pm

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop by and say hello and introduce myself. My name is Kayla Eldridge and I am taking the Event and Wedding Planning course. I am almost done my first unit now and everything has been going very well.
There are some assignments so far that I haven't exactly followed to a tee, but I feel like I explained myself well enough and gave good reason for thinking outside of the box. Was wondering if anyone else had any feedback about this?
Also, on the welcoming videos and tutorials, it said that there would be a welcome message from my tutor shortly after I enrolled underneath where it says her name on the main page....but there hasn't been anything added :? Has anyone else had this happen? Lol

-Kayla.
Vanessab7

Re: New Student

Unread postby Vanessab7 » May 15th, 2016, 11:27 pm

Hey Kayla. My name is Vanessa.
I'm on the same page as you. I'm deciding on whether I should do the optional assignment or not.
As for my opinion on the assignments... It's been interesting. It feels like there is no wrong answer. Maybe 'the best/not the best choice'. But def can get creative! And I didn't even think about that video from your tutor. I should go see if I got one.
How are you liking the course though? It seems really good. Some things I would of never thought about. But I'm liking it. What are your plans after completing the certification? Myself, I want to work my way into owning my own business. Know the tricks of the trade before going on my own.
I hope the courses go well for us. I'm sure it will only get tougher.
8-)
KaylaEldridge

Unread postby KaylaEldridge » May 16th, 2016, 12:37 am

I am hoping that there is no right and wrong answer. Lol I have just been explaining myself thoroughly so we shall see how it all goes because I just submitted my first unit! Lol
I decided not to submit the business plan. The whole reason why I am actually able to take this course is because I completed a 'woman in business' course, which was about 4 months, then had to do a presentation in front of a panel of 3 people to 'maybe' get a business grant. I apparently did very well even though I was extremely nervous and got the business grant and now I am enrolled in the course Lol. So my main goal is to complete this course so that I have some education, because where I am, to be able to do weddings or events is very difficult. I have contacted the few planners that are in the area, not many got back to me, and one of the woman has been kind enough to take me to one of the weddings as a 'student'. Lol Its so hard to get experience, so hopefully this course will lead me in the right direction. And I would like to open my own business as well, and I have a bit of the ground work already.
I am hoping the course does get a bit tougher! I do work, so hopefully not become too overly time consuming, but more difficult. Lol
Where are you located? I'm in Ontario, Canada.
Vanessab7

Unread postby Vanessab7 » May 18th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Hey there. I just recently finished my first unit too but I haven't been able to submit it. I don't have Microsoft office yet and when I go to download the assignment sheets, its only allowing me to use Microsoft office. So I'm waiting to get that settled soon. Other than that, I have it all typed up. I didn't do the business plan either. I haven't really gotten all the info I need and I don't want to submit one and totally bomb it. I've been told that shadowing someone who does do events/weddings is a good idea. I live in Sarasota,Fl and beach weddings is what we do here. Lots of them. LOL but A friend of mine does wedding planning and she does lots of weddings where she lives in Key West. I am hoping to actually work with her. She plans on moving back around my area and start her own business next year. So I figured that this is perfect. I do work too but it isn't wedding/event related. But I think by the end of the year, I might move on from that. Once you get certified, do you plan on living somewhere where weddings/events are popular? But I am hoping for a more challenge. Get me getting creative. But I get what you mean about working and juggling this. Sometimes it is a lot. But I am hopeful!! :)

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”