D6 Wives vs Brides?

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Aimee.Dunn

D6 Wives vs Brides?

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » June 18th, 2016, 4:08 pm

I don't know about anyone else but this is the most boring book I've hit so far; Been trying to finish it for the past three weeks, keep reading two pages and losing my focus.

Religious wedding variations ---

Anyways, Question 4, Multiple Choice : In the Islamic faith, men can have up to; 2,3,4 or 5 brides, however in the book it indicates " it is acceptable for a man to have up to four wives at a time"...

I am very specific, the question is asking how many brides but the book indicates how many ]wives[.. Does anyone else consider this a mistake??

Aimee
bonnetdane

Re: D6 Wives vs Brides?

Unread postby bonnetdane » June 20th, 2016, 10:44 am

I personally loved the book, made me learn about other cultures and traditions i knew nothing about, and wives and brides are essentially the same thing, so you shouldn't have problem with that. Just use your common sense and you should be okay ;) :D
Aimee.Dunn

Re: D6 Wives vs Brides?

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » June 20th, 2016, 11:24 am

To each their own. Experiencing first hand religious culture as opposed to reading about it, is much more entertaining. I have nothing against them, I have actually worked closely with many Islamic and Hindu cultures. Can be very interesting.

Yes, these words are interchangeable. But using my common sense, applying these words in the same phrase given can mean two different things.

Having four wives at a time as opposed to four brides at a time can be interpreted differently. Student support acknowledged it as a difference as well.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”