Event Decor, Unit C, Assignment 2

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
TsPooh

Event Decor, Unit C, Assignment 2

Unread postby TsPooh » December 26th, 2016, 2:25 pm

On assignment 2 in Event Décor Unit C, question 7 asks: Which centerpiece described below would you NOT want to place on a standard sized cocktail table? The choices are: a) any flower in a tall, slim vase; b) peonies in a handkerchief vase; c) moss in a rectangular vase; and d) ornamental balls in a cube vase. I think that the answer could be either a, b OR c. I am leaning more towards c (moss in a rectangular vase), but I was wondering how others may have answered this question.....
Aimee.Dunn

Re: Event Decor, Unit C, Assignment 2

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » December 27th, 2016, 7:51 am

This question was so vague!! I re-read it for days :cry: ..I answered the same as you but I can't remember if it was right or not.
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » December 27th, 2016, 10:33 am

Yes, and this isn't the first question that I felt was vague. Oh well! I went ahead and kept my answer and submitted my assignments!
Aimee.Dunn

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » December 28th, 2016, 4:07 am

Yes, all I can say is trust your gut!

I found I had my own opinions, so I wrote my own little notes under the MCS. A few times my tutor didn't agree with me, and I felt unheard because I couldn't physically discuss it, but just be told my answer was wrong and hear her own opinion. Frustrating!
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » December 28th, 2016, 7:53 pm

I had my "substitute" tutor disagree with one of my answers and I am a little frustrated that my regular tutor didn't grade my second unit in Event Décor. I knew a month or so ago she was dealing with flooding (she lives in Barbados), and this was the same excuse given for her not grading my second unit. Interesting thing, though .... I am "friends" on facebook with this tutor and she posted something totally non-work related that very day! Oh well, I am in the final course, so I'll just trudge along and just finish. Overall, I have liked these courses but don't agree with a few things. Like, I wanted to go to my local décor company and just have a ball setting up table designs with all their stuff, and then use the photos of them for some of the décor assignments, but the school said I HAD to use Polyvore, which I really did not like and found it really isn't geared to event planning. For some of my assignments, I just posted photos from Pinterest, and they accepted them without question. I felt it would be a better experience to actually design tablescapes and take photos of them ... and I suggested this in my final letter to the tutor.
Aimee.Dunn

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » December 30th, 2016, 4:23 am

I completely understand! polyvore is more to fashion than event planning, setting up your own decor and taking photos is a much better way..plus it shows you have determination! I actually made my own centerpiece for a unit in my first course IEWP.. and I wasn't told anything..

I think the tutors would approve your approach,(they are always talking about using your imagination) but i think student support can't for school guidelines..there is a lot of miscommunication sometimes..like really

I have felt the same as you did and pretty much procrastinated for a few months.... I loved the first course but then after I started the event decor, I was just eager to finish! A few times I've felt that I was not graded properly. Of course I'm not about to retake a course for $20.00 I don't mean to sound cheap but there must be an alternative!

We have a lot to relate. Are you doing the luxury course to?
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » December 30th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Yes, I am in the luxury course now. Just finished Unit A and am about to submit it. I must say, the worksheets are totally different and the assignments are somewhat vague. In other words, they are asking us to provide key details of what makes a corporate event "luxury" (Assignment 7 in Unit A), but they really don't talk about the details themselves in the book. All it talks about is the types of events -- retreats, galas, resort locations -- that sort of thing. I think I'm just going to try to breeze through this course as fast as I can. I don't really plan on doing any luxury events or weddings, but I figured it would be good to have some experience through these assignments just in case.

Even though it would cost another $500.00, I have been somewhat considering also taking the courses offered by the Association of Bridal Consultants. I have joined, but I guess you can earn points for taking the classes -- plus you earn points for attending events, conferences, networking luncheons, etc., and I guess the points are tallied so that your level of membership can increase - have you checked it out and joined?
Aimee.Dunn

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » December 31st, 2016, 8:43 am

Hey!

I am on the same exact unit, A7. I've read articles on forbes and other business luxe websites to get my ideas on what sets luxury corporate apart. So far I've used location, decor, detail, time frame ( in a diff aspects to luxury weddings) for my description. I wish they went further in dept with the information.. this course was not very informative. I work in hotels and resorts hence I thought this would be good knowledge for me to have, but I am a bit disappointed.

I skipped A6, the last few questions were a bit vague ( true and false) I have yet to go back to this. I Recall the information given but I don't know where I saw it. How did you get around A6?

I will have to look it up, but I am never in one location for long so I'm not sure how it would work for me. But go for it if its in your location!
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » January 2nd, 2017, 8:28 pm

Which questions on A6 are you referring to? Never mind - here's how I answered all of them: F, T, F, T, T, F, T, F, F
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » January 2nd, 2017, 8:30 pm

I should add that I am still waiting on my grade, so I don't know if I got all the answers correct on that one.
Aimee.Dunn

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » January 3rd, 2017, 5:50 am

Well even if you are/ aren't I think we'd get the same grade because I have the same answers!

I was actually referring to 3 , 6 and 9 , had a little toss up there. But I opted for False in the end.

Just reviewing my work before I submit it today. Thank you :) Hope you get a good grade

and a happy new year to you!!

Aimee
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » January 5th, 2017, 4:23 pm

Just got my grade, got an A+, none wrong on the quizzes.
TsPooh

Unread postby TsPooh » January 5th, 2017, 4:24 pm

just got my grade - A+ - none wrong on the quizzes.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”