Hello From Australia

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Raspberry Red
Event Planner

Hello From Australia

Unread postby Raspberry Red » September 15th, 2012, 5:26 am

Hi

I have just submitted my first Unit A & loved it. Enjoying this immensely. Been an event co-ordinator in the music & hospitality industry in NZ for years & after moving to Australia found none of that mattered as I had no qualifications. So here I am. I am getting married next year & planning my own wedding on top of doing this course so quite a challenge !!! Looking forward to getting to know you all on here
EP8727
Event Planner

Re: Hello From Australia

Unread postby EP8727 » September 18th, 2012, 2:38 am

CONGRADES I JUST GOT MARRED LAST MONTH MY SELF I PLANNED IT ALL I MADE ALL THE FLOWERS MY SELF I WAS A BUSY LITTLE BEE IT WAS FUN THO BEST WISH TO YOU AND YOU NEW HUSBAND TO ALL THAT MAY ALL THAT COMES TO YOU. MY NAME IS JENNY FROM MINNESOTA
Raspberry Red
Event Planner

Unread postby Raspberry Red » September 20th, 2012, 2:30 am

Hi Jenny
Thanks for your kind words. I am doing the same thing although I do have alot of my friends around me who are extremely talented in all areas of cateing, floristry, beauty etc so got alot of stuff covered. How are you finding the course?
Tamz
Event Planner

Unread postby Tamz » September 21st, 2012, 6:18 pm

Hi. I am in Australia as well! I organised my own wedding last year and spend so much time creating the invitations by hand but sneakly started making the chocolate boxes during an Easter family get together and ended up with everyone around the table lending a hand without being asked.
Since then I have been asked to organise a friends bridal shower, wedding and baby shower and figured why not try to make a business out of it. Do you know if there is much of a market for wedding planning in Aus?
EP8727
Event Planner

Unread postby EP8727 » September 22nd, 2012, 2:54 am

well i think i did oki don't know when we get our grades i thought soon. it seems like its been two weeks already since i summited my work but i am excited to see how i did i think i screwed up on the last assignment tho i know i can go back and fix it when i get them back do you know when we get our grades back. yea i am pretty telanted when it comes to stuff like this flowers and crafts i love doing this stuff and meeting new people.
cairns planner
Event Planner

Unread postby cairns planner » October 19th, 2012, 9:10 pm

hey im in cairns qld.....also a kiwi, what areas are you aussies from and is there much or a market for wedding planners there?
we dont have many wedding planners in cairns but then the few that we have never advertise so im assuming there is enough business around that there is no need for it. Hoping the tropical sunny weather up here is enough to attract lots of couples to the area and keep my business going. My brother got engaged a week ago an im on wedding planning/bridesmaide duties! i cant wait! anyone got some good websites providing beach themed wedding stuff? (anything from table decorations, candles, gifts, stationary etc, etc) Any help you fire my way would be much appreciated. :)
moana
Event Planner

Unread postby moana » November 3rd, 2012, 6:11 am

hi i am a kiwi as well but based down in victoria. Just started my course over two weeks ago and finding it very exciting i really just want to be a wedding planner but i thought i would do wedding and event planning to help me gain more knowledge. I also am getting married next yr so helping to organise that is giving me confidence as well hope u go well with your course good luck :)
Tamz
Event Planner

Unread postby Tamz » May 6th, 2013, 8:10 pm

I am based in Brisbane. I have heard that there is a big market for wedding planners in Sydney and Melbourne but I havent come across many in Queensland. Word of mouth definately seems to be the best advertising as all of my business so far has come from referals and handing out business cards (often during an event I am running because they get excited about it at the time). I am working hard at building relationships with suppliers rather than worrying about advertising because I have found that most brides dont realise they need a wedding planner until they have started and realised how stressful it is. By then they have been talking to the photographer or the Dj that they have already hired and I can be recommended through them. I really need to create a good website though.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”