EXCITED TO GET STARTED!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
AmyLynn
Event Planner

EXCITED TO GET STARTED!

Unread postby AmyLynn » September 19th, 2012, 9:45 am

Hi Everyone! New to the course, almost finished with Unit A...yet not new to planning and coordinating events! Have been doing for ten years, but through a different business I owned...not as an event or wedding planner! Basically, I've gained alot of experience through having my own business and coordinating many events, that I hope to be useful as a pro in this business!...Everything from open houses, business fairs, customer appreciation days, business and holiday parties, ALOT of fundraising and chaired many such local events, dances, costume parties, a few weddings...you name it...yet have never earned a living as an event coordinator...LOL

Anyone have any advise or ideas on great ways to get started???

Good luck to ALL!!! :
D

AMY
EventsByThe
Event Planner

Re: EXCITED TO GET STARTED!

Unread postby EventsByThe » September 19th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Hi Amy!

Like yourself I'm new to the program as well. Its been fun. I finished Unit C this morning and plan on getting right into Unit D sometime tonight. The only advice I have is, take your time, have fun, and actually put in the effort to do the assignments correctly. Some assignments are more challenging than others, but they are all very timely for the industry and provide you will great insight for starting (or continuing) your own Event Planning business. Beware though, me saying the DVDs are boring would be an understatement! While there is a wealth of knowledge packed into the videos, they all have a "stuck in the 80s" vibe. But don't get discouraged by this. The assignments are actually fun and as I stated before very timely for the industry. I'm sure having worked in the field before you wont have a problem getting through the assignments.

Good Luck and Happy Planning!
Tricia
Lisa Rumsey
Event Planner

Unread postby Lisa Rumsey » September 21st, 2012, 12:07 pm

Hi

I am new to this, am awaiting my course materials to come through the door. I currently work as a Personal Assistant in Banking and have only organised small events such as team outings/townhalls/client meetings etc. I got married a year ago and have wanted to get into either wedding planning or having my own bridal shop.

Any tips or advice welcome!

Lisa
x
EP8727
Event Planner

Unread postby EP8727 » September 24th, 2012, 3:29 pm

hey do u know when we get our grades when we finish a unit

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”